• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price Gouging at its finest... Should we start keeping a list of these companies?

I'm not saying what they are doing is illegal. don't need a lesson in capitalism. I'm all for making a profit. My local source still has primers for $35 / 1000 and i still have a case or two from a few months back when i was running low and needed them.. I just see companies like this as taking advantage of fellow gun enthusiast when they cant find their components. we all know that the prices will go back down after the rush is over. Lots of companies would rather go out of stock or limit the quantity of primers you can buy.. its a business decision. If you think they paid anything close to that for the primers you are kidding yourself. If you think that any component reseller is lacking for business right now you are kidding yourself.
I for one see fellow gun guys and gals as a community and will remember companies who chose to be assholes during this time and not support them in the future. Y.
It sounds like your local source is terrible at running a business.

8BEEC991-FB96-470A-A12E-0A411340E4E2.gif

OMG, another gouging thread???

It must be Thursday.

I swear I think we've reached the point here where a compete subform is needed for this topic.

It has been approved (by me) so here is your guide, be sure to follow the rules or you will get multiple pocket mods... :pound:
price rant calendar.jpg
:)

Cars lined up at service stations waiting for rationed amounts of gas.
Kind of like the way Potterfieldovich rations primers now (and mags back in 2013). Just to clarify all the nitwits last month screeching about "MIDWAY HAS SMALL PISTOL PRIMERS FER $34.99 PER THOUSAND!"

You can buy ONE thousand (when he had them, OOS), but you'll pay $35, plus $28 HAZMAT, plus $12.95 shipping, and then he charges sales tax on top of all that. Enjoy your "discount" primers at 8 cents each. All the whiners keep bitching about the local's $75 per box primers though.....

Funny thing, i talked to a cabelas employee the other day and prices came up.
He claimed Federal contacted cheaper than dirt just recently and threatened to stop selling them ammo over their price gouging.

Do not forget that mines were shutdown too, so there is a shortage of raw materials as well. That affects ammo too.

Reactions: JWC
Back
Top Bottom