• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prepper or survivalist?

I would say survivalist, every winter a bunch of buddies and myself, pack up our gear and head for the mountains in Pa. Walk back about 2 miles, set up camp, and enjoy. I normally only take food, guns, and a sleeping bag, and a ground roll. Oh, and lots of beer! Last year it was 9 degrees when I got out of my truck. Talk about fun!!

Prepping to survive? Heh

Im doing both. I'm at the beginning of prepping a BOB and a strategy(ok still fuzzy there), laying in supplies and learning how to ...well how to do as much as I can learn.

Just finished a 41 mile hike on the AT with my daughter. Carried a 24 pound pack including my Keltec. Only met one bear and it ran. Must have been the smell. I don't have time enough left to prepare so I just do it.

We all have to keep in mind 3/4 of it is going to be mentally prepared as well. Knowing what to do and when to do it!!

So true!!!! I like to look at it this way....a survivalist is a prepper but a prepper is not necessarily a survivalist. I know many people who "prep" with respect to food and such but have done nothing with respect to being able to protect what they have.