• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pre-covid Glocks

Well, your post does look more like a price control rant found in the pasture than the typical steals and deals post.

“I have mentioned in several posts that if people would quit panic buying, things would get back to normal fairly quickly. Well, I was just at Academy in Macon and it seems some normalcy is returning. So, you can buy a brand new G 19 for $540, or get a used one on ODT for $700. Likewise, you can get a brand new G 19 MOS for $630, or you can pay $900 for a used one on ODT.”

So, what you're telling the entire ODT membership is that a brand new $539 G19 in today's environment isn't enough of a DEAL to be published for their benefit just because some people might not like what I typed in the posting? I suspect the membership would strongly disagree! Moreover, shortly after it was pulled, I posted it again without any sort of "pricing rant". And, it was immediately pulled again with the reason being "already posted". How obvious can it be that someone is actively trying to prevent this actual "deal" from being published???

So, what you're telling the entire ODT membership is that a brand new $539 G19 in today's environment isn't enough of a DEAL to be published for their benefit just because some people might not like what I typed in the posting? I suspect the membership would strongly disagree! Moreover, shortly after it was pulled, I posted it again without any sort of "pricing rant". And, it was immediately pulled again with the reason being "already posted". How obvious can it be that someone is actively trying to prevent this actual "deal" from being published???

Facts over emotion. Your post was more of a current price rant. Nothing wrong with that but that’s not how a steals and deals post is usually constructed.

If you said : “Heads up - new glocks at Academy in Macon for $xxx” then that gets the point across. Instead, you got all emotional and started down the “prices are too high” rabbit trail. Which is pasture material all damn day ( to the point of being tiring as hell). Is it really that hard to understand?

Facts over emotion. Your post was more of a current price rant. Nothing wrong with that but that’s not how a steals and deals post is usually constructed.

If you said : “Heads up - new glocks at Academy in Macon for $xxx” then that gets the point across. Instead, you got all emotional and started down the “prices are too high” rabbit trail. Which is pasture material all damn day ( to the point of being tiring as hell). Is it really that hard to understand?

And that's exactly what I did in my 2nd post which made absolutely no reference whatsoever to prices other than Academy's price! So explain to the membership why that post was deleted in its entirety.

And that's exactly what I did in my 2nd post which made absolutely no reference whatsoever to prices other than Academy's price! So explain to the membership why that post was deleted in its entirety.

I think the “membership” is capable of handling their own affairs. I doubt any of them are waiting on me to alert them to any possible price discrepancies. There are plenty of hall monitors on here now that feel the need to provide that service.

I think the “membership” is capable of handling their own affairs. I doubt any of them are waiting on me to alert them to any possible price discrepancies. There are plenty of hall monitors on here now that feel the need to provide that service.
As I expected.

And Academy in Macon is cleared out. LOL
What he posted is a pic of about ALL that's left in the entire store. I was just in there gawking and was stunned to see only about 7 pistols, some Elmer Fudd hunting rifles and one or two shotguns. The shelves are bare.

Oh, they had a few boxes of .224 Valkyrie if you need some (and it's still there).

I was told that I was posting "too many deals from the same retailer". My response was, its the STEALS AND DEALS section. Not my fault that the same dealer publishes their deals several times a week.

I was told that if I wanted to do that, that I would have to myself become a dealer on this site. Basically, the mods were citing some obscure rule to "make it fit"... I was told it was the quantity, that they had a problem with... that if I wanted to post A deal, that was fine.

So the next day, I posted A deal, to a Glock 19 Gen5 for $517 new.

The mods took that down as well.

Draw your own conclusions, but it's clear what they are doing, and why... We all know it. But nobody wants to admit it out of fear of them getting banned.

I got a warning from a mod yesterday, for being CALLED a name. I didn't call someone a name, they called ME a name. I got a warning for "being rude to another member"... Being called a name, is now an "offense". It's nuttier than squirrel turds lately...

Back
Top Bottom