• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pre-covid Glocks

I'm prepared and was prepared before I'm just stating that ODT prices are crazy lol but if people are willing to pay them thats their problem

I'm prepared and was prepared before I'm just stating that ODT prices are crazy lol but if people are willing to pay them thats their problem
I'm happy to know you are prepared... but a prepared man needs nothing so a overpriced gun, ammo, alcohol or TP shouldn't be a concern. The way I make my way through the ODT is this right here... If it interest me I buy/trade for it. If it doesn't interest me or is more than I want to pay I move on.

Good advice but I was just saying what I've observed while on the site and replying to the OP. I'm not going on peoples posts and saying "what a rip off" cause that's none of my buisness point blank period.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about free market capitalism, and the concept of buyer-beware. So, if you can convince some stooge to give you $1,000 for a "LNIB" Hi-point 9mm, go for it! My point all along has been that if you want to buy a weapon (particularly a Glock), you don't have to pay the prices you've been seeing here. If your local gun dealer doesn't have what your looking for right now, wait a few weeks, maybe as much as couple of months, and you'll be able to find what you want at decent pricing. That said, I do enjoy reading the posts justifying the crazy pricing and panic buying. It gives me a chuckle.

I have mentioned in several posts that if people would quit panic buying, things would get back to normal fairly quickly. Well, I was just at Academy in Macon and it seems some normalcy is returning. So, you can buy a brand new G 19 for $540, or get a used one on ODT for $700. Likewise, you can get a brand new G 19 MOS for $630, or you can pay $900 for a used one on ODT.
You’ll need one for protection to just get out to your vehicle in that part of town.

Apparently showing members exactly where to get a brand new Glock 19 for $540 (a "DEAL" by definition at this point in time) has offended the powers that be, so my thread was moved from the Steals and Deals section and out to The Pasture. Pretty funny actually. I wonder whose listing my post was threatening.

I took this photo yesterday at the Academy in Macon. I found the subject particular interesting. I mean brand new Glocks for $539 in this environment seems pretty amazing to me! Anyway, after capturing this amazing scene, I posted it in the Steals and Deals section of ODT hoping to help out a few of my fellow members. Well, it only lasted a few minutes before the mods pulled it down and moved it to The Pasture. I'm guessing someone "important" has some used Glocks posted this obvious DEAL was deemed harmful to their purposes. I'd be interested in the members' feedback.

Attachments

• Glocks.jpeg
    Glocks.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 32
For anyone interested, Academy in Macon has a G17 and a G19 each for $539. They also have a G19 MOS for $629. The mods won't let me post this in the Steals and Deals section. I'm pretty sure I know why they won't, but I'll leave it to you guys to form your own opinion.

Attachments

• Glocks.jpeg
    Glocks.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 28
Well, your post does look more like a price control rant found in the pasture than the typical steals and deals post.

“I have mentioned in several posts that if people would quit panic buying, things would get back to normal fairly quickly. Well, I was just at Academy in Macon and it seems some normalcy is returning. So, you can buy a brand new G 19 for $540, or get a used one on ODT for $700. Likewise, you can get a brand new G 19 MOS for $630, or you can pay $900 for a used one on ODT.”

Back
Top Bottom