• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"pre-covid" ammo price references

the crazy thing is folks think that the ammo is worth that because "its not being sold that cheap anymore" where the truth is much closer to manufactures raised prices slightly but you just cant get it due to folks running bots that buy up everything as soon as its listed. Same thing is happening with computer parts and video game consoles as we speak (why $400 ps5's are still selling for 800+).

The items ARE still being sold for a reasonable price, you just have to update your buying methods. All it takes is a few quick google searches and then your just waiting for basspro to update and your ammo to show up.

like it or not but if your willing to do some leg work .25 9mm and .40 5.56 are still easily acquired.

That’s what I’m saying. But for some reason, every time I try to show my appreciation for these good samaritans in a sale ad, I win a free vacation. :noidea:

That’s more of a Complainers v Moderators thing than a Complainers v Sellers thing. If you come to my ad to complain about the price I’m fine with that. Doesn’t bother me a bit. However, you gettin banned for your words has nothing to do with me as I don’t have that power to begin with.

it may not be realistic but it may be the only way they'll accept ammo. There are several members on here who have stacked ammo for sometime so its not needed so they arnt willing to accept the current higher prices.

personally this is my situation. I have more than enough ammo for me and my family for years to come so the only way i woudl accept a trade for ammo currently is if it was pre panic prices. You can still buy ammo at those prices, you just have to be quick or good with computers. Im not demanding anyone sell it to me at those prices, but if you want what i have, then those are the terms.
works for me. your stuff, your terms. you have your reasons. I think others just feel moral outrage at the Current prices, so they want to see a 100 Item for 500 rounds of 9mm. which is not what it cost, generally speaking, today.

people who "demand" or expect that it's what it should be - I think are living in fantasy land.

Had a guy at work ask if I had any ammo for sale. When I told him the price he said that it was kinda high. I said if you don’t want it that’s fine by me you can go on not having any ammo. People should be thankful that others are even making ammo available to them.
This^^^^^

I've even halted "local" sales of ammo. What I have free is going to gunbroker. Tired of the mooches living in 2018.

Makes no difference what current price is, 7:1 is still 7:1 .

I do not think that there is a constant ratio for prices for different items.
small pistol primer prices are up as much as 8 to 1. 9 mm prices generally are up about 3 to 1. That may go higher. If factory 9 FMJ is selling at 1$ a round I do not think that there will be a shortage at that price.
I will have a lot of it to sell.

I do not think that there is a constant ratio for prices for different items.
small pistol primer prices are up as much as 8 to 1. 9 mm prices generally are up about 3 to 1. That may go higher. If factory 9 FMJ is selling at 1$ a round I do not think that there will be a shortage at that price.
I will have a lot of it to sell.

Depends... 115 or 124 grain??

Back
Top Bottom