• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Practical Pistol Skill Builder @ SRGC on November 22

Stubb

Default rank <300 posts Lifetime Supporter
Tracker
1   0
Reaction score
I'm teaching a practical pistol skill builder class at South River Gun Club on Sunday, November 22. You'll start the day with a quick skill assessment, spend the day working on grip, transitions, and movement, then shoot the assessment again at the end to see how you've progressed. Everyone will leave knowing where and how to focus their training effort to see continued improvement.

Practical Pistol Skill Builder:

You'll learn the critical skills that deliver the biggest improvement in shooting results:
  • grip, trigger control, transitions, and shot calling for fast and accurate shooting
  • movement technique and overlapping shooting and moving to increase efficiency
  • mental practices for shooting your best on demand.
Other skills like draws and reloads are addressed along the way. You'll shoot drills that you can easily set up in your own practice and receive a high degree of individual coaching tailored toward your present abilities and shooting goals.

This class focuses on raw shooting skills and is ideal for both competition- and tactical-minded shooters. It mixes live- and dry-fire runs of the drills to demonstrate effective use of dry fire and making efficient use of your training time and budget.

Class fee is $150, max class size is 6 students, so you'll get plenty of one-on-one coaching. Bring ~450 rounds and five magazines along with your pistol/PCC, holster, and magazine pouches. Iron sights and red dots are both fine. We’ll start at 9:00 and wrap up around 17:00.

https://www.practiscore.com/events/practical-pistol-skill-builder-srgc-6/participants/create

Got a couple of openings left. I know that the ammo shortage is making training difficult for everyone.

I've been adding an ever-stronger component of teaching how to integrate dry- and live-fire in the skill development process as the ammo shortage continues to get worse. You'll learn about using dry-fire to identify and correct problems observed in live-fire, then go back and use live-fire to test what you did in dry fire. I'm getting great feedback on this, not just as a way to save ammo, but on learning in general.

Back
Top Bottom