• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PPU new brass?

My experience with it has been limited to a box of 7mm-08 that I used and reloaded several times, and range pickup 5.56. It has worked as well as most any other brass. I usually load them four or five times after the original factory load has been fired. The primer pockets getting loose and neck tension starting to be non existent—I do not anneal—are the alerts that I use to throw them away.

My experience with it has been limited to a box of 7mm-08 that I used and reloaded several times, and range pickup 5.56. It has worked as well as most any other brass. I usually load them four or five times after the original factory load has been fired. The primer pockets getting loose and neck tension starting to be non existent—I do not anneal—are the alerts that I use to throw them away.
I do anneal but my experience has been similar. The pockets start getting loose in 4ish firings. Still the best deal on reloadable 54r

I have some PPU 54r cases that have 28-30 firings on them. These are lower velocity lead bullets (gas checked) and I anneal the necks every other firing.

Back
Top Bottom