• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Powder graph for your measure

Tracer847

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
I made one of these a while back for h110. I use a lot of that powder for 357, 44, and 500
It's handy if you have a really good metering powder you use across a broad spectrum of calibers or bullet weights in the same caliber you are working up a load for. Saves a lot of guessing and adjustments. You can use the slope intercept formula your high school math teacher taught you and basic algebra to arrive at a very accurate adjustment for your meter.

powder graph.PNG

I made one of these a while back for h110. I use a lot of that powder for 357, 44, and 500
It's handy if you have a really good metering powder you use across a broad spectrum of calibers or bullet weights in the same caliber you are working up a load for. Saves a lot of guessing and adjustments. You can use the slope intercept formula your high school math teacher taught you and basic algebra to arrive at a very accurate adjustment for your meter.

View attachment 2806718
I would have to get my four year old grandson to figure that out for me.Too old...brain no worky.

You plot points on a graph. You weigh charges and record the barrel adjustments. Draw a line through the points. Determine the slope of the line (rise/run....difference in the two y values/ difference in two x values)

Y=mx+b
m is the slope
pick a point.....you know the x value and you know the y value and you know the slope

This graph has 36 grains on it.
36=1.11x+b
36=1.11(28)+b
b=4.9
equation for line is y=1.11x+4.9

If you wanted 30 grains which isn't a plotted point
30=1.11x+4.9
1.11x=25.1
x=22.6....pretty close
Bottom of graph is marked exactly as the Y axis....5, 10, 15, 20.....

Back
Top Bottom