• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Powder drop or powder dispenser??? HELP OdT

I have been using the Lee Auto drum measure for a few years and it's basically died.

In full disclosure, I got it used in a combo of reloading stuff so I alone did not wear it out.

Should I just spend the $40 and buy a new one, or is there something totally revolutionary, mind-blowingly awesome that I just need to buy and forget about the Lee?

I basically only load 2 rounds consistent. The same exact 40sw load for my competition pistol. The same exact 75gr hpbt .223 load for my "DMR" ar15.
... But then every once in a while I do random batches of 56, 62, and 68gr .223. and batches of 115 and 124gr 9mm

The press that I'm using is a Lee 4 hole turret press and I'm pretty content with it, so pump the breaks Dillon boys. I'm not looking to entirely repurchase my reloading setup unless you've got a spare Dillon setup to let go on the cheap :D hehehe.

I'm also using Lee dies. I've been very happy with the Lee dies. Not looking to drop mega bucks and buy all new dies as well.

So, with a couple hundred to spend- tops, case activated powder measure, like the Lee or something different/better? Or is there a powder dispenser you guys have had great success with?

I would look at the hornady. Ive got the same lee as you and i have never been happy with it. I bought a hornady lnl progressive a while back and it came with their powder thrower. Man it is awesome consistent and it doesnt leak powder like the lee. Im actually going to buy another to use on my lee turret that i still use as a single stage.

Back
Top Bottom