• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Possible False Straw Purchase Reported

Its a small shop and I know most of the employees. I’ve done plenty of business there, they‘ve run my background a dozen times at least in the past couple years. Didn’t have a problem until the new employee got an attitude with me during my previous purchase.

I‘m more so asking if the employee in question could have falsely reported me without the FFL owners knowledge?

Is there a way to find out without waiting to be contacted if I even am?

With your CCW being expired, that's probably why. And I highly doubt an FFL would report themselves for selling a firearm they knew was a straw purchase. But let's say that is the issue:

A straw purchase (or nominee purchase) is any purchase where someone agrees to acquire a good or service for someone who is unable or unwilling to purchase the good or service themselves, and then transfers the goods or services to that person after purchasing them. If the purchase is conducted at an FFL, then the Purchaser who conceals the identity of the ultimate possessor of the gun can be charged with making false statements on a federal Firearms Transaction Record. Which makes purchasing a firearm for another person ipso facto illegal, regardless of that person's status as a legal possessor.

By your own words, you admitted that's what you did. If he did report you, he wasn't wrong. But again I don't think he would have.

What can you do about? Renew your CCW immediately! Then call the ATF, tell them you tried to purchase a firearm and the process was held up despite having your CCW. If you go to renew your CCW and there's an issue, then you'll get a letter explaining and how to address it.

So I got the gun yesterday without issue. However I got a new transfer in today and the same exact issues. The one employee in particular was asking me about why I went with shadow systems over some gucci glock they were selling. When I mentioned their policy on a free replacement gun if police hold yours in a self defense situation, he asked me “but not if you were to go murder someone with it?”.

proceeded to tell me I went on pending before I could even finish my paperwork. Couldn’t tell me when the Brady date was, just to leave a number and he’ll call me when I can come get it. Never had any experience like this so I’m not sure what to make of it.

Its a small shop and I know most of the employees. I’ve done plenty of business there, they‘ve run my background a dozen times at least in the past couple years. Didn’t have a problem until the new employee got an attitude with me during my previous purchase.

I‘m more so asking if the employee in question could have falsely reported me without the FFL owners knowledge?

Is there a way to find out without waiting to be contacted if I even am?
I'd wait man

So I got the gun yesterday without issue. However I got a new transfer in today and the same exact issues. The one employee in particular was asking me about why I went with shadow systems over some gucci glock they were selling. When I mentioned their policy on a free replacement gun if police hold yours in a self defense situation, he asked me “but not if you were to go murder someone with it?”.

proceeded to tell me I went on pending before I could even finish my paperwork. Couldn’t tell me when the Brady date was, just to leave a number and he’ll call me when I can come get it. Never had any experience like this so I’m not sure what to make of it.
What gun store is this?

Which is it ? 6 transfers total or a dozen times over the past couple years ?
just askin, trying to figure out if they are flagging you because of volume but i dont see it.

Back
Top Bottom