• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Possible False Straw Purchase Reported

Probably just a normal delay, happens all the time. Should be cleared up in a few days and you go pickup your new weapon. But yes as others have stated just go get a GWL and you wont have to worry about it in the future.
That’s what I’m thinking but I’ve had issues with assholes in pawn shops/gun stores before so I’d rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks to everyone for the advice/suggestions

Gotta look at it from their viewpoint. The ATF could have their license if the paperwork looks like a straw purchase and they just let it go through.

And they may have run a thousand BG checks on you, but that's completely irrelevant. You could have been added to the prohibited persons list 10 minutes before you walked in the door.

I couldn't imagine buying a gun without a carry license. Sitting around waiting on the whims of a bureaucrat in DC would drive me nuts.

Noght night keep your butthole tight. You are goin to club fed!! Lol just kiddin. If they show up just explain the situation! As long as both parties are legally able to purchase an own firearms you’ll be fine

O.K. Nobody reported anything. If the FFL even thought it was something close to straw purchase, IT could not sell the gun to you. No one called BATF and said "oh by the way, we sold this gun in a straw purchase."

You can call the FBI and ask what the hold is about. A decent gun store would have given you the number and encouraged you to do so.

i wouldn;t sweat if. Personally, too many FFL around to do business with one that "acts funny" when I walk in.

Back
Top Bottom