• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pork tenderloin sandwiches

It's a biscuit restaurant on the west side of the state
Carroll, Cobb, Douglas and Bartow Counties I believe there is only about 11 of them. They are only open until 3 p.m. and serve cathead biscuits all day.

just got one in Canton. Traffic is backed up out in the street all weekend! Good stuff.

I've made something similar before... Used a grilled boneless pork chop, that's also baked so it's very tender. Put it on toasted & buttered bread with a slice of sharp cheddar and maybe a few pickles. :hungry:

I looked up Martins. Closest to me is Jimmy Carter Blvd. now Im about starving. But its at least an hour away. Sure looks good though.

I go by the one in Canton every morning and cars are always backed up to the street or into it. It's good but not THAT good.

The "midwestern" pork tenderloin sandwich is legendary. Thin, crispy and pounded so flat it is the size of a dinner plate, dwarfing the size of the hamburger bun it is served on. It is very similar, minus the gravy/sauce, to a German schnitzel, except bigger. They are common in the Three I states of Iowa, Illinois and Indiana. Served in bars and restaurants and state and county fairs.

Dammit now I'm hungry too.

I like to smoke'em lightly whole. Best bbq sandwich I can make. And I've made a few . Sear and smoke with cherry wood ; mesquite is the strongest I know of and hickory is a little too much for us unless you use a small amount of the chips. Yea, I'm hungry now too.

Here is my plan. Cut up into 1 inch pieces and hammer to a 1/4 inch. Dip in flour then egg/buttermilk then dip in panko or saltines then fry in lard in a cast iron skillet on BGE. I may not be able to wait for supper time. Was hoping I could get my wife to make some home fries but she is headed to Athens and I don’t think I can wait that long. If it works out I’ll post up some pics.

I like to smoke'em lightly whole. Best bbq sandwich I can make. And I've made a few . Sear and smoke with cherry wood ; mesquite is the strongest I know of and hickory is a little too much for us unless you use a small amount of the chips. Yea, I'm hungry now too.
Ya I have done that many times with hickory and some butt rub. Always easy and good but Im craving one of these sandwiches. Dang I’m hungry. Guess I should get off here and cut grass or something.

Back
Top Bottom