• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Poor Man’s Brisket

You must have had Covid and lost your taste and smell.

I’ll put my brisket, ribs, or whatever else you want against you and we’ll have the members here do a taste test!
Agree. I've never had a bad piece of meat off my traeger. Tons of flavor.

I’ve done brisket and chuck roasts too. Can’t tell enough difference to justify buying brisket unless it’s on sale. I usually chop one into cubes, and add sauce and return covered like you do burnt ends. Kids love them! Got the idea from the manual of my new Pitboss Laredo

Over 800# of pellets used in my RecTec. Love mine and looks like chuck roast are in my near future. Smokes a lot of different things and wings were my weekend meal.

I also have done chuck roast like a trip tip, smoke until it reaches 110 then sear. It’s like eating a gigantic ribeye. Y’all keep this info restricted to ODT though or the chuck roasts will be sold out bigger than 9mm at academy sports! We’ll have old geezers buying them up before we wake up and they’ll be selling them at flea markets before we know it

I tried one of those rec tecs. Sent that sob back. They are cute and all but don’t add any flavor whatsoever. I should have never cheated on my bge, now she is my only one again.
My Egg is probably 12-13 years old but it ain’t seen a stick of charcoal or wood in 6 months or so since I got the RecTec . Don’t get me wrong, love the Egg but the RecTec is lots less work and get just as good results- flavor and all. I’ll keep the Egg too though. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom