• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pond fishing. What is your approach?

I'll float a couple of minnows while I throw some of the tackle box. Jr rattle trap is one of my small pond favorites .

Either a v hull jon boat or on the dock. Zoom bait red shad worms, live minows, or a popper plug. Nothing else catches as many fish where I fish.

If targeting bass, try a 6 inch june bug color plastic lizard texas rigged on a 3/0 hook with a small bullet weight. I've had days where I only caught one fish with that setup, but I can count on one hand the number of days I've caught zero fish with it while fishing a pond known to have bass in it.

Dumb question- how do you prevent turtles from being hooked? And if hooked, what is the most humane way of taking the hook out?

Dumb question- how do you prevent turtles from being hooked? And if hooked, what is the most humane way of taking the hook out?

If you hook a turtle simply stretch his neck out as far as you can using the line in one hand and grabbing his neck with the other. You then have full control of the turtle and can extract the hook with a pair of needle nose pliars or forceps. Have done it this way since I was knee high to a grass hopper.

Back
Top Bottom