• Chevy Camaro

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Dodge Challenger

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • My Supra is better and all others

Votes: 11 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a '64 Mercury Marauder with a 427. Love that fastback body style and you just don't see that many full size Mercs.
iu

iu

iu
Very Nice, I almost bought a 68 Cougar fastback yrs ago. But it needed more work than the custom 77 Nova I ended up with (and i had already had a 77 Skylark and kinda liked that style). One'a them that got away. I only bought the Nova cause my new girlfriend (wife now) didn't care for my 70 Ford 351 Cleveland , 3 on the tree pickup . I would rather have kept the truck than either but I had more than cars&trucks on the mind at 18yrs old haha. I love me sum Merks though; even the big ole 50's models

It's a '64 Mercury Marauder with a 427. Love that fastback body style and you just don't see that many full size Mercs.

Tell me this bro cause I really don't know. I remember The Marauder name but see on that other pic where on the R Front fender it has a metal decal that says "Cyclone" and some numbers which I am assuming is Cubic Inches. Never have been a Merc fan so I honestly don't know. Why "Cyclone"? Thanks

iu

iu

iu

My bride wrapped my 73 Charger around a telephone pole. Turned out ok I guess as that was 44 years ago and she's still with me. The wife that is.

Tell me this bro cause I really don't know. I remember The Marauder name but see on that other pic where on the R Front fender it has a metal decal that says "Cyclone" and some numbers which I am assuming is Cubic Inches. Never have been a Merc fan so I honestly don't know. Why "Cyclone"? Thanks

Guess I misunderstood which car you're referring too...?

The Comet had the high-performance "Cyclone" version. The first Comets were the same as the Falcon and in '66 they switched to being the same body as the mid-size Fairlane.
iu

iu

iu

Fairlane
iu

With so many of the popular 60s cars priced out of reach, it pays to look a lesser known cars from the period. The 1965 Olds Jetstar had 425 cubic inches and 370 hp. At first glance it isnt much of a looker:

uploadfromtaptalk1592444960245.jpg

...but it does have potential, as this restomod shows.

uploadfromtaptalk1592445036230.jpg

Full size
iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

From what I've read tonight on Wiki , the Marauder by 68 became a "boat" or "grocery getter". The Cougar was the pony car . And the Cyclone was between the 2 in size making it the real Mercury "Muscle Car" left , specially with the 428cj option . All the horse power ratings crack me up on all these old muscle cars haha . The 428cj option was rated at 335hp.... you believe that ?? I get it that the insurance was getting crazy but 335hp bahahahaha!! I saw a documentary about the 60's & 70's hp vs insurance one time , wish I could remember the name of it. Even with the junk manifolds and carbs they made more than that. Like's been said before (and I bet you know) if you changed the carb , intake, headers, and tires alone , any one of these cars would become a Monster . Had an older fella years ago tell me that's pretty much all he changed out along with ignition and de-smog if I remember right on a Hemi Cuda . It hit a little over 1000 hp on the dyno. Was he telling the truth? He seemed honest enough while whippin everybody at Dallas dragway. IDK But I could see that. Barbwire Barbwire Not sure if this was the question?

Back
Top Bottom