Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Dodge Challenger

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • My Supra is better and all others

Votes: 11 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
20191219_152707.jpg

Well, being a child of the sixties, I like all of the old musclecars. However, I do have a fondness for Buicks and Pontiacs. I guess it started with my Dad's 1960 Catalina with a 389 tripower and 4 speed. This is my baby, that I've owned since 1979. It is a fully restored, numbers matching '76 TA. I still have a few things to sort out with it, but I have been driving it a little.

My dream car, Superformance Shelby A/C 427 Cobra. I’d give my left nut for one of these, it’s been said that the 427 Cobra is the scariest most violent car on the planet and that’s one reason I like it so much. Lol!
4960ED7E-C96F-469F-9B50-F885D5ABCCD7.jpeg

F799144C-B145-41E4-BCD9-5D74B903773D.jpeg

My Dad had ‘70 Dodge Charger R/T 440 Magnum when I turned 15 and got my learners license. Not exactly stock though, don’t know what all was done to it but Dad said it was putting about 650 hp to the ground. 160 on the speedo and I saw Dad bury that needle more than once. Lol! His looked exactly like this one.

39272620-7813-47DF-BDDD-2BDFF3419A93.jpeg

I had a ‘68 Chevelle SS396 just like this one when I was a senior in high school for a little bit before Dad confiscated it. Dad found out I was street racing it and next thing I know I was driving a VW Bug. I blew the engine in that one. Lol!
It’s really a miracle I’m actually alive right now to tell this, if it wasn’t for my Dad teaching me how to handle bad situations in a car I never would’ve made it outta high school. I was a maniac behind the wheel, nobody but a friend named Steve (much crazier than me!) would ride with me in that Chevelle in the rain. I would get sideways every chance I could, wet or dry pavement. Lol!

D2A0D04D-423C-4ACB-B5C0-CACB336FE84F.jpeg

187E6A9C-9685-4B9F-B47E-DC9AD9BFA143.jpeg

I ain’t so sure about all that.. depends on who built the motor
Built cars are fantastic, but hard to compare. We remember muscle and pony cars from the 60s and early 70s with fondness, but the reality is that formal tests from the time show the fastest cars running 13 seconds quarter mile times. Very fast for the time, but a new Mustang ecoboost 4 cylinder can run a 13.5, and a stock GT is around 12.5.

The KING of all time.

a7eae0be209188f52a3f37c5c11519e0.jpg
I like'em more now than when I was growing up in the 80's. I guess cause everybody and there brother's sister had one ; or a 68 Camaro . We went to the track almost every weekend (usually Dallas) so I was more into the Vegas , Comets , Darts , early Novas and Chevelles and such (early Mustangs too, but like I said everybody had one). The 68-70 Chevelle is one of the sexiest cars ever made though , in my 2020 opinion haha . Ever seen a 60's Opel Cadet GT with a small block Chevy in it? LOL Now that's one ugly son of a gun , but watch that purge haha . Last time I went to Brainard I saw an old 68 Ford pickup come in that sounded terrible (I think he mismatched the plugs or something? ) and was ugly as sin. But when it came grudge time...he ripped everybody a new one , including my Buddy that had a 1993 twin turbo Supra w/Nitro purge . The truck was all motor. We had to know and he let us take a look.

I like'em more now than when I was growing up in the 80's. I guess cause everybody and there brother's sister had one ; or a 68 Camaro . We went to the track almost every weekend (usually Dallas) so I was more into the Vegas , Comets , Darts , early Novas and Chevelles and such (early Mustangs too, but like I said everybody had one). The 68-70 Chevelle is one of the sexiest cars ever made though , in my 2020 opinion haha . Ever seen a 60's Opel Cadet GT with a small block Chevy in it? LOL Now that's one ugly son of a gun , but watch that purge haha . Last time I went to Brainard I saw an old 68 Ford pickup come in that sounded terrible (I think he mismatched the plugs or something? ) and was ugly as sin. But when it came grudge time...he ripped everybody a new one , including my Buddy that had a 1993 twin turbo Supra w/Nitro purge . The truck was all motor. We had to know and he let us take a look.
uploadfromtaptalk1592400951747.jpg

Back
Top Bottom