• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Polish Tokarev slide stop/mag issue

rustyboy

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
Rear Admiral
86   0
Reaction score
I have shot a surplus Polish Tok a few times and always eventually run into the same issue. It seems the slide stop part that interacts with the magazine seems to get below the follower in the mag, and then causes everything to lock up. The slide will not return to battery, the mag won't drop, etc. I end up having to take the slide stop clip off, then jimmy the slide stop out a little, then the mag will drop and I am back in business. This only seems to occur at the end of a mag, when the follower and the slide stop end have the chance to run into each other. See images :

i47.tinypic.com_2ykfb51.jpg

Slide stop into the mag, seems to be my issue

i47.tinypic.com_23u2xif.jpg

Slide stop stays on top of follower, everything is cool...

Any ideas on what I should look at doing next? I think first and foremost, I need to replace the slide stop clip and probably get another mag to confirm I just don't have a lunker. Any one have similar issues?

I'd try different magazines and gently bend the follower (down) where it contacts the slide stop. The right lip could use just a touch of bend to get it to match the opposite side. A little bend often goes a long way.

I had the same issue with some cheap 1911 magazines a while back.

i50.tinypic.com_vhclc9.jpg

Last edited:
That sounds about right. I only have one mag, but went and ordered a few more, along with the clip that holds the slide stop. I think that if it does not have enough tension, it will float that end of the slide stop back and forth, allowing the mag follower to miss it on the way up.

Back
Top Bottom