• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Police dogs vs ctizens dogs

Sure it might be a double standard if you were not being so stereotypical. Not all LEO'S abuse the power we are given. Your argument is like saying some psycho shot up a school therefor all gun owners are going to do the same and should be treated as such.

How many times a week so you go to work and see brutally beaten bodies, how many times do you stare down the barrel of a gun and the person on the other side wants nothing more than to kill you. How many nights have you left for work and not known if or when you would get home? Do I think we deserve any more freedom than you. No. But do I think we deserve some kind of respect from the citizens we risk our lives for. Hell yeah. I do what I do to make sure you can go home to your wife or kids or dog whatever the case may be. Is there abuse of power sure but don't generalize so much.

sorry, i dont assign much to the "my job is so dangerous i deserve respect" argument

police in this country work for the government, not the people. if the government doesnt represent the people in earnest then the police do not either (since they are merely agents)

the amount of respect i give to a police officer is the same i would give to any other government worker or person, no more or less.

im not saying your job isnt dangerous, but your last point i bolded here. you dont work for citizens, you work for the government

very different, although the government and citizens use to be one in the same (or at least thats what i was told in primary school)

i dont hate police but i dont trust them either in general. sorry but its the way it is for most americans i figure at this point. law enforcement to many folk is more of a liability these days

Sure it might be a double standard if you were not being so stereotypical. Not all LEO'S abuse the power we are given. Your argument is like saying some psycho shot up a school therefor all gun owners are going to do the same and should be treated as such.

How many times a week so you go to work and see brutally beaten bodies, how many times do you stare down the barrel of a gun and the person on the other side wants nothing more than to kill you. How many nights have you left for work and not known if or when you would get home? Do I think we deserve any more freedom than you. No. But do I think we deserve some kind of respect from the citizens we risk our lives for. Hell yeah. I do what I do to make sure you can go home to your wife or kids or dog whatever the case may be. Is there abuse of power sure but don't generalize so much.

Have you ever been on the roads in Georgia. Freaking people are crazy, so I would think that is what everyone would think. Saw some ass run a stop sign today, talking on their phone. If I hadn't been watching, would have been a bad day for me.

Whatever it takes, glad to know the overlords have people like you working for them.

Lots of people abuse their power. You see it in business all the time. Just like there are people who shouldn't be cops, there are people who should not be in management, as they abuse their people.

sorry, i dont assign much to the "my job is so dangerous i deserve respect" argument

police in this country work for the government, not the people. if the government doesnt represent the people in earnest then the police do not either (since they are merely agents)

the amount of respect i give to a police officer is the same i would give to any other government worker or person, no more or less.

im not saying your job isnt dangerous, but your last point i bolded here. you dont work for citizens, you work for the government

very different, although the government and citizens use to be one in the same (or at least thats what i was told in primary school)

i dont hate police but i dont trust them either in general. sorry but its the way it is for most americans i figure at this point. law enforcement to many folk is more of a liability these days

Not in the lifetime of anyone on the ODT, but far more noticeable over the last 20 years..

But I would still show an officer respect, if they stopped me. I am a country boy, and just wouldn't be right to be an ass to them. Most of them are damn fine people, and I have had 2 encounters with those who were simply thugs, looking to prove they were superior to me.

Not in the lifetime of anyone on the ODT, but far more noticeable over the last 20 years..

But I would still show an officer respect, if they stopped me. I am a country boy, and just wouldn't be right to be an ass to them. Most of them are damn fine people, and I have had 2 encounters with those who were simply thugs, looking to prove they were superior to me.
ohh i agree

i wont act like an ass but i damn sure wont be answering their questions freely. they arent my friend (they are strangers to me)

You are all right. My last post came off a little a hole ish. I Don't believe I deserve more respect I guess it's kind of a gut shot to know that because of what I do people automatically judge me negatively. I cannot speak for every Leo but I can say that to ME it is an honor to do what I do and there have been many instances that I go against the grain and do not do what is necessarily for the betterment of the government but instead for the people. I do not for a second want anyone to think I am some brain washed fool with power. Sometimes what you do is what you do and should be judged as such.

You are all right. My last post came off a little a hole ish. I Don't believe I deserve more respect I guess it's kind of a gut shot to know that because of what I do people automatically judge me negatively. I cannot speak for every Leo but I can say that to ME it is an honor to do what I do and there have been many instances that I go against the grain and do not do what is necessarily for the betterment of the government but instead for the people. I do not for a second want anyone to think I am some brain washed fool with power. Sometimes what you do is what you do and should be judged as such.

Yea, there are a lot like that. I am thankful those who actually do care about the people. And don't take this wrong, but that really isn't your job. At least not in the eyes of the overlords. The overlords can't brainwash all of you though and make you uncompassionate and uncaring.

so far you seem to have the right attitude

i like good natured police who respect people and approach others like any professional should

i just cant trust every cop and its an act of self preservation to be skittish (for lack of a better term) around all of them

and yes, you absolutely have the right to be proud of your work and its a good thing. i like folks who work and pay taxes and what not

sorry, i dont assign much to the "my job is so dangerous i deserve respect" argumentpolice in this country work for the government, not the people. if the government doesnt represent the people in earnest then the police do not either (since they are merely agents)the amount of respect i give to a police officer is the same i would give to any other government worker or person, no more or less. im not saying your job isnt dangerous, but your last point i bolded here. you dont work for citizens, you work for the governmentvery different, although the government and citizens use to be one in the same (or at least thats what i was told in primary school)i dont hate police but i dont trust them either in general. sorry but its the way it is for most americans i figure at this point. law enforcement to many folk is more of a liability these days
One point of contention that is often overlooked in these discussions. LEO do work for the Govt that the PEOPLE put in place. That should not be forgotten.

One point of contention that is often overlooked in these discussions. LEO do work for the Govt that the PEOPLE put in place. That should not be forgotten.

Yep, the people that are put in place pass laws that the people agree with. Damn Ford, you made me laugh. Don't matter which turd you elect, they are all going to screw us. So don't say that those people represent me, the represent corporate interests.

Back
Top Bottom