• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Poison ivy/oak relief

I got some relief with this
900.jpg

I thought I was immune to poison ivy for years, FaceTime lightly brushing past many such plants while I walked in the woods.
Until one day I decided to clear out a bunch of trees, weeds, and bushes near my house, and I knew there was some poison ivy in there. I didn't pay much attention or worry. I wore short sleeves, no bandanna to cover my face cheeks or neck, and I was chopping undergrowth and carrying bundles of vegetation by hugging it to my chest.

Several hours later it began bothering me, and it interfered with my sleep for the next two nights. The greatest relief came from scratching it, but not normal scratching --rather, scratching it lightly while running very hot water on the affected area.

Shower with dawn diswashing liquid.. It helps remove the oil from the poison oak. Keep cold very salt water in a bowl , soak a rag in it and wash down to relieve itching. Believe it or not, wiping affected areas with the inside of a banana peel will help with the itching also .. Prednisone asap

First time I got this, I was in my forties. I was on a job, covered in calamine lotion and this loader operator jumped off his machine and walked over to me, said write this down.
1- Bottle rubbing alcohol
2- Cakes of camphor gum
24- plain Bayer aspirin

Said to crush the camphor gum and aspirin and dissolve in the alcohol, then apply three or four times a day.
All of my poison ivy was gone in 4 days.

At the time, the only place I could find the camphor gum, was Goodson drugs, on the square in cumming. went in to get it, asked the pharmacist for it. As he placed it on the counter, he asked what I wanted it for. As I told him the recipe, he listened, then said "Yep, that'll do it"

I keep a bottle around my house all the time!

First time I got this, I was in my forties. I was on a job, covered in calamine lotion and this loader operator jumped off his machine and walked over to me, said write this down.
1- Bottle rubbing alcohol
2- Cakes of camphor gum
24- plain Bayer aspirin

Said to crush the camphor gum and aspirin and dissolve in the alcohol, then apply three or four times a day.
All of my poison ivy was gone in 4 days.

At the time, the only place I could find the camphor gum, was Goodson drugs, on the square in cumming. went in to get it, asked the pharmacist for it. As he placed it on the counter, he asked what I wanted it for. As I told him the recipe, he listened, then said "Yep, that'll do it"

I keep a bottle around my house all the time!
Interesting. Thanks for sharing...
To clarify, do the two cakes of camphor equate to 2 oz? And would house brand aspirin suffice?

That looks pitiful and miserable

I get rid of it pretty quick - scabs up and dries up within a day or two and pretty much quits itching immediately but I got nothing for you here with it around your eyes

My cure involves Clorox and white terry cloth washcloths

Go to an urgent care

Back
Top Bottom