• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Poison ivy/oak relief

View attachment 2549038

Severe case, with staff and still no ER visit. Around her eyes were almost as bad, she won’t let me post that pic. The Dr, was never concerned about vision. Never even mentioned it. No way I’d go to any ER with Kung Flu all up in there.

CVS carries a product called Ivy Off a topical scrub that will help dry out the weeping. I'm having flashbacks from 2017. Best of luck and Godspeed.

CVS carries a product called Ivy Off a topical scrub that will help dry out the weeping. I'm having flashbacks from 2017. Best of luck and Godspeed.

This was last year. She gets it at least once a year, bad. Her father is a well known MD. The store brand you talk about sucks. You have to get Zanfel and that is a scrub which has to be used within first few hours to wash away oils. It does drastically reduce healing and itching. If it’s not used quick it’s worthless.

This was last year. She gets it at least once a year, bad. Her father is a well known MD.

My mistake, that comment was for the op. I feel bad for your wife if she goes through this every year. I had it everywhere except where the sun don't shine for 6 weeks and it was maddening.

I swim in a chlorinated swimming pool when I get it bad. It's the weeping that spreads it and the chlorine dries it out.

Oatmeal in a stocking hose. Get in hot bath and dab the affected areas. It will be slimy but when you get out just use towel on unaffected areas. Let the slime air dry on the affected areas. It dries it up, stops most itching. I have taken 3 oatmeal baths in a day when I had it. Get well!

Back
Top Bottom