• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PM Etiquette

After seeing complete Anderson lowers for $500+ I was thinking it wouldn’t hurt to pick a few up from the LGS and make a few extra buxxx.

Just get the "rare" ones!

Don't get why members don't always do that either. A quick reply to all PMs, saying it's sold or no thanks, is not hard. It's just a general decline in the standards of people I guess. Similar to the bad pics, no pics or toes in pics...a lower standard is now the norm.

You get some PM's that are just so ridiculously retarded that there is nothing to say. Had one goober offer me $400 for a $2,500 scope. He even tried justifying it by saying that scopes don't go for more than 20% of new costs, and he needed some room in the deal, and I needed to ship it at my cost and fully insure it to new value. A response isn't worth the time.

If someone is even halfway serious with an offer, they get a response. But sometimes there is just such a high level of stupid on here that there is no response necessary.

One of my favorites was I told someone I'll take his item at full asking price (which is what I typically do, I want it, no need to dicker to save a few bucks for helluva it), and come meet him when he has time. Few days go by. Nothing back. About a week later, I get a response "I'll consider your offer."

I can't tell you how many times I get something to the effect of "I'll take it for $xxx if you will ship and take Paypal." Reply back, sure thing, fine by me. Just need your address. Here is my Paypal. Then....crickets.

There are a lot of tire-kickers in these parts. It's pretty easy to figure out what is gonna end up going that route these days. And, then you get people. "Sorry, I have a family emergency. I won't be able to buy your item and can't make our meet in 30 minutes. Somehow, every single one of them thinks that this is some original excuse never seen before.

You get some PM's that are just so ridiculously retarded that there is nothing to say. Had one goober offer me $400 for a $2,500 scope. He even tried justifying it by saying that scopes don't go for more than 20% of new costs, and he needed some room in the deal, and I needed to ship it at my cost and fully insure it to new value. A response isn't worth the time.

If someone is even halfway serious with an offer, they get a response. But sometimes there is just such a high level of stupid on here that there is no response necessary.

One of my favorites was I told someone I'll take his item at full asking price (which is what I typically do, I want it, no need to dicker to save a few bucks for helluva it), and come meet him when he has time. Few days go by. Nothing back. About a week later, I get a response "I'll consider your offer."

I can't tell you how many times I get something to the effect of "I'll take it for $xxx if you will ship and take Paypal." Reply back, sure thing, fine by me. Just need your address. Here is my Paypal. Then....crickets.

There are a lot of tire-kickers in these parts. It's pretty easy to figure out what is gonna end up going that route these days. And, then you get people. "Sorry, I have a family emergency. I won't be able to buy your item and can't make our meet in 30 minutes. Somehow, every single one of them thinks that this is some original excuse never seen before.
LOL. All true and common here now.

Usually, if my reply is anything other than a flat "No." or "No thanks" there is a chance we might do the neckbeard tango.

No = "**** off nitwit."
No thanks = "Nice try. Better luck on Facebook or Craigslist."

Anything else = "Let's talk."

LOL. All true and common here now.

Usually, if my reply is anything other than a flat "No." or "No thanks" there is a chance we might do the neckbeard tango.

No = "**** off nitwit."
No thanks = "Nice try. Better luck on Facebook or Craigslist."

Anything else = "Let's talk."
Hell, I have a public lowballer now on thread. And he isn't anywhere near a new guy.

I’ve always tried to be courteous and respond but I can see where you might miss one here and there. I will treat folks like I want to be treated and just shake my head when they don’t

So I made an offer yesterday for $20.00 off of what he was asking and got crickets. I wasn’t trying to insult the man but he could have responded. But he didn’t. Am I that guy who is low balling?

So I made an offer yesterday for $20.00 off of what he was asking and got crickets. I wasn’t trying to insult the man but he could have responded. But he didn’t. Am I that guy who is low balling?
Depends on what the item is and what it costs

Back
Top Bottom