• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PM Etiquette

Sent private message on some mags I wanted. Asked if they would fit a m9a1.

OP didn't know. I SAID I would check and got busy. Sent a pm 3 days later saying I would take them but they were gone.

Not his fault but mine. The story is some have different times they check the forum, his was after 11 in the evening when I was in bed and I answered the next mornin

I billed more last week than I have in the last 2 months. My choice not to follow through.

I got busy and he sold them, life is a *****.No worries here, it's not a deal until a meet is set.
But you answered, one day two days three days doesn't matter you didn't ghost the guy. It doesn't matter when, just that you did. Getting busy with life is one thing ( completely understandable cause we all do), being a non responsive dick is something completely different.

definitely feels like it doesnt it? I have always been pretty reasonable with my prices and some times if I like the person's vibe in our PM conversations I will cut a major deal I dropped 200 off a ruger vaquero I sold and it was near new only a month or two old. Meanwhile If I list something at a really easy price and I get 15 PMs in 5 minutes I get people jumping over me offering $20-$50 dollars more after I tell them I have a committed buyer...no thanks. some of the greediness I see from some people are on here is mind blowing. I am by no means on ODT trying to make a living or plan a retirement off my sales lol or the people that list something and figure out that it was worth more so "they decide to keep it" but list in the week after for more. A man's word used to mean a lot. Wild.

PM and Etiquette used in the same sentence. HA-HA!!!

virtual_bitch_slap.gif~c200.gif

There almost needs to be like a sub-reddit for some of the PM conversations that occur here separated from ODT so you cant get dunced by the mods
I would pay for that as a subscription service, LOL.

Maybe a subscription fee based, anything goes section of the board. Sort of a "pay to play mod free zone." No threads could be reported or referenced in a Help Request to a mod either, although that would be difficult to manage. Mods would still have to we'd out the whine babies' complaints.

I recently got my first offer above my asking price if I would cancel a done deal. I told the gentleman that is not how to do business and to not pm me anymore. He did of course first apologizing and saying he did not know I had made a deal. So he was either a liar or stupid. Then making the offer again.

I recently got my first offer above my asking price if I would cancel a done deal. I told the gentleman that is not how to do business and to not pm me anymore. He did of course first apologizing and saying he did not know I had made a deal. So he was either a liar or stupid. Then making the offer again.
Can’t fix stupid

Back
Top Bottom