• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the point of having a vote if you do not side with the majority? I care more about the pointless vote than I care about a $1 charge. Take a squating dump on Democracy. If you planned to do it just do it, its your site.

Whats the point of having a vote if you do not side with the majority? I care more about the pointless vote than I care about a $1 charge. Take a squating dump on Democracy. If you planned to do it just do it, its your site.

I don't think he ever said he was basing his decision entirely on the poll. I would guess the poll was one of many pieces of info he used to make his decision.

I don't think he ever said he was basing his decision entirely on the poll. I would guess the poll was one of many pieces of info he used to make his decision.

Didnt realize it was electoral votes being counted. Most people will not be in favor of paying for anything unless they see it benifit them or others in a positive way. I could care less about ads. Sometime its nice to see whats new. They arent obtrusive and blocking the screen or content. Perhaps dealing with sponsors is a hemorrhoid. Not sure what the point of a vote is if the results go in favor of not using them. Perhaps since it was so close, the extra cash factored in a +10% I dont give a frag bonus. Seeing how close the results are. Still not sure what the positives are so, ill need to actually read whats going on but again, it like this... My wife asks, do you like the red or blue dress? I say, I like the red one. She decides to buy the blue. If my opinion is pointless, don't ask for it. I tell her now. buy whatever one you want. Its his/their site, do whatever they want but dont ask me if my opinion doesn't matter.

MaconGuns, while I understand your frustration, you misinterpreted the thread. No one voted on whether or not the change should be implemented, it was simply a poll, not binding in any way. If you notice, the change that was mentioned in the beginning of the thread, is pretty much the change that happened. The thread, in my opinion, was nothing more than a place for folks to say yes to the change, no to the change, or to just complain about things. Announcing a change in this manner, allows the members to voice their opinions, while the originator of the poll can take a break, read some of the opinions, come back and then announce what is going to be done. Actually, not a bad way of making a change. Everyone feels that they had a say, but, they never did, in my opinion.
MaconGuns, as others have said, and I have said previously, the results of the poll meant absolutely nothing.....at all.....ever. You were asked to give your opinion, that is true, and your opinion never mattered, that is also true.

MaconGuns, while I understand you frustration, you misinterpreted the thread. No one voted on whether or not the change should be implemented, it was simply a poll, not binding in any way. If you notice, the change that was mentioned in the beginning of the thread, is pretty much the change that happened. The thread, in my opinion, was nothing more than a place for folks to say yes to the change, no to the change, or to just complain about things. Announcing a change in this manner, allows the members to voice their opinions, while the originator of the poll can take a break, read some of the opinions, come back and then announce what is going to be done. Actually, not a bad way of making a change. Everyone feels that they had a say, but, they never did, in my opinion.
MaconGuns, as others have said, and I have said previously, the results of the poll meant absolutely nothing.....at all.....ever. You were asked to give your opinion, that is true, and your opinion never mattered, that is also true.

ok,ok, I get it :) they wanted our opinion. But as with my wife example. If it doesnt matter, dont ask and save us both the frustration. This just gives me the opinion that they hoped for an overwhelming Yes to pump the ego or an overwhelming No to put things in perspective.

ok,ok, I get it :) they wanted our opinion. But as with my wife example. If it doesnt matter, dont ask and save us both the frustration. This just gives me the opinion that they hoped for an overwhelming Yes to pump the ego or an overwhelming No to put things in perspective.
Lol i dont get the purpose of the thread either

Methinks this decision was made before the poll was created

Either way; we all said our bit. I for 1 think its a bad idea and to be frank i dont see the purpose in charging a buck per month for users to post other than to slow things down. Its the owners website but this is a myopic move and its motivations seem to run counter to each other

Lol i dont get the purpose of the thread either

Methinks this decision was made before the poll was created

Either way; we all said our bit. I for 1 think its a bad idea and to be frank i dont see the purpose in charging a buck per month for users to post other than to slow things down. Its the owners website but this is a myopic move and its motivations seem to run counter to each other

Ought to charge you a dollar for using myopic in a sentence. That type of verbiage is going to make the Websters dictionary site crash in about 20 mins when everybody gets to work and has to look it up. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom