• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PLEASE READ--THIS IS ONE OF MY FEW SERIOUS POSTS

mountainmoped

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
32   0
Reaction score
In late March I had been having sinus headaches and had been taking 4 to 6 aspirin a day. One morning I noticed my urine had a slight pink color which I assumed was from the aspirin because it didn’t happen again. A few days later I mentioned it to my doctor when I was having my annual physical. He did a urinalysis and determined there was a slight amount of blood in my urine. He referred me to a urologist who scoped my bladder, checked my prostate and then sent me to the hospital for a CT scan. The radiologist didn’t find and irregularities in the CT scan, but the urologist thought he detected a slight irregularity in my left kidney. At this point I was not concerned as there is no history of cancer on either side of my family and I felt great. The urologist sent me back for another CT scan and this time the radiologist noticed the problem also. I was diagnosed with cancer and set up for surgery Monday April 25th. I had Da Vinci robotic surgery Monday and returned home Tuesday. The doctors think they got it all and will have the pathology report next Tuesday. Had the urologist not been persistent I would be in a whole lot of trouble when it was found. When you get a physical please have them do a urinalysis. I am sore and will have to take it easy for a month. This beats the hell out of the alternative!

Thank goodness you caught it. My bother's bloody urine turned out to be Bladder Cancer. They went in to remove a pen clicker size mass, that turned out to be 3 silver dollars size masses. He is half way done with his chemo now, and feeling a lot better physically and mentally. I can't stress it enough, get checked out if something abnormal happens.

Back
Top Bottom