• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Plantar fasciitis

Your hamstring goes all the way from your back to the tips of your toes...stretch them hamstrings too...that'll help...I've been told that about the hamstrings, but I can't confirm it since I'm no dr...

Mine started about a week ago, the pain is relentless. Getting out of bed in the morning is the worst. If it wasn’t for the high footboard to hang on to, I’d fall. Ice feels good but it’s only masking the pain. Looks like a visit to a podiatrist might be in order.

Podiatrist told me to put heel lifts in my shoes.......I had suffered with it for several years and after putting the lifts in 3 or4 weeks pain was gone and I haven’t had anymore issues....yes I still have lifts in my shoes but I don’t even know they’re there.
If you buy from a med equipt store they charge you like 80 bucks for a pair....I buy off eBay for 12 or 15 bucks per pair.

These days when my bad foot tightens up I plank barefoot with bent knees while doing alternating dumbbell lifts. Great foot stretch. Sounds like a cement mixer down there.

Tight shoes will kill a feller. These days I’m wearing “extra depth” dress shoes. No more tight dress shoes for me.

Mine cramp in bed but like most getting out of bed is the worst. That tendon/ligament along the bottom of my foot draws my toes up it gets so tight. I’m flat footed anyway. Too much arch support makes it hurt also.

One legged calf raises. Took about 3 weeks of this daily....completely gone.

Look up the podcast from Chad Reilly about shooters elbow and Plantar Factitious. He saved me!

Three years ago I had to throw away ALL my shoes and wear a post-op boot for a year to avoid surgery and let my foot recover from 25 years of over tight dress shoes. For the past two years I’ve been wearing Keens and “extra depth” dress shoes.

Today at 53 years old, I just ran my first sub 8:00 mile since high school. With a big hill.

If your feet hurt try bigger shoes, fellers! Even if they are long enough and wide enough they might not be deep enough! Walking just one block in overtight shoes can set you back for weeks.

sho.jpg
dansco 8703351000

add another orthotic and you can walk again

Back
Top Bottom