• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Places to Rappel

I rappelled at this place called "The sixties" near Dahlonega. You pass it on the way to Dockery Lake. It's this tall cliff right along the side of the road where people do spray paint. Great place to rappel

Believe it or not, there is a cliff on Kennesaw Mountain, about 50-60' tall, and hidden very well. The CCC had a quarry there, back during The Depression, to get granite, some of which was used at the park (like at the parking lot near the top). You can get there from about halfway up the road going up the mountain, or from the old CCC Camp ruins at the base of the mountain, off of Kennesaw Avenue. Back when I was in my teens, and in the Civil Air Patrol, we got permission to rappel there.

Disclaimer: I am not saying that it is currently legal or permissible to rappel there now, though, and I am not suggesting that anyone try it. There may even be signs posted there prohibiting it.

I'm looking for some places to rappel around NW GA. I live in Rome. I know how to rappel and have the ropes, gloves, and carabiner. Just need a place with an anchor point and a cliff.
If you know of any places or have access to a water tower, let me know.
We use to rappel at Camp Merrill in Dahlonega. I see your air assault badge. Maybe ask them if you can use their training area as well as Mt Yona.

I'm looking for some places to rappel around NW GA. I live in Rome. I know how to rappel and have the ropes, gloves, and carabiner. Just need a place with an anchor point and a cliff.
If you know of any places or have access to a water tower, let me know.
Mountain Yonah!
This is Uppers for the second phase of Ranger School! Great place to go!!!!!

If you are part of an organized group, hit up a local Children's hospital. I know a Central Florida fire department that regularly repels from the roof of the Children's Hospital and greets the patients inside. They do so on a fairly frequent basis, but I know they do it for Valentine's Day and other holidays. If I remember correctly, some of the firefighters also dressed up in cartoon character for the kids. No doubt there would be some Hold Harmless Agreements signed.

Back
Top Bottom