• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Places to Hog hunt

thendricks

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
110   0
Reaction score
Me and Buddy are wanting to do a hog hunt since it’s been a few years. Anybody have good places to go for one or suggestions. I know you can do WMA land any other places to go besides that?

It’s essentially huge private land place, over 14000 acres if I remember correctly. Hunted there about two month ago, good place, and plenty of fun besides hunting alone

Not right now. You can legally hunt pigs on public land during deer season, you can hunt them year around on private land. Get a free mobile application Outdoors GA and there’s info for seasons, locations etc.
People who own enough private land to hunt boar usually unwilling to allow strangers hunting on their land, and I’d probably be the same given a number of gun equipped morons I meet on average hunt, using illegal ammo, getting overexcited and kill babies, etc. hog hunt is pretty often is a nighttime affair and I certainly wouldn’t like someone loosing orientation and shooting wrong way on my property. That’s why responsible hunters often join hunting clubs.

Definitely agree with you completely on that one. There’s a lot of people I meet that I would not trust with a gun on my property. Hog hunting is not something I typically do just wanted to go out this year for fun. Already have my own private land for deer and turkey in North Georgia. Didn’t really wanna join a club for once in a blue moon hog hunt. However I may give me another good option for deer which I’m not against

Back
Top Bottom