• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PK grill - anyone have one? Good, bad or indifferent?

88591C78-AD55-4059-9048-4E5949053788.jpeg
Yes sir

I have 3 smokers, a green egg, a gas grill, a pellet grill and a pellet smoker and I still prefer my steaks and chicken cooked on the PK
I find this quite interesting. I have an offset smoker, a Kamado smoker/grill, and a pellet grill. I use each of them for specific purposes, like my offset for 2 or more briskets (which I rarely get to do anymore), my Kamado for ribs, and my pellet for burgers and reverse sear steaks with its direct sear feature.

The biggest thing I don’t like about Kamados is the temperature control without a fan. No problem in getting it up to temp, but maintaining without going over is rough.

The pellet is my favorite. I’ve done everything from spatchcock chicken and turkey, to single briskets. I just set the temp and walk away.

How does the PK do reverse sear steaks?

View attachment 3244576
I find this quite interesting. I have an offset smoker, a Kamado smoker/grill, and a pellet grill. I use each of them for specific purposes, like my offset for 2 or more briskets (which I rarely get to do anymore), my Kamado for ribs, and my pellet for burgers and reverse sear steaks with its direct sear feature.

The biggest thing I don’t like about Kamados is the temperature control without a fan. No problem in getting it up to temp, but maintaining without going over is rough.

The pellet is my favorite. I’ve done everything from spatchcock chicken and turkey, to single briskets. I just set the temp and walk away.

How does the PK do reverse sear steaks?

That looks good! I love smoking chicken but I have to finish them in the grill to get the skin good. More often than not a part of the skin splits. I'm thinking of spatchcocking it next time to see if the skin is less likely to split.

That looks good! I love smoking chicken but I have to finish them in the grill to get the skin good. More often than not a part of the skin splits. I'm thinking of spatchcocking it next time to see if the skin is less likely to split.
That’s actually a 14 lbs turkey. Turned out amazing and not any skin cracking.

Back
Top Bottom