• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

pit boss electric pellet smoker

my brother spent some of his 1200 dolla check to get one. i forget the model, but it was around 800 bucks for it. it was returned within a week and got a big green egg. from what he said its not a good all around grill. if you are ONLY going to be smoking low heat or cold smoking it would be fine and does a great job at holding low cooking temps. but if you want to grill burgers? be prepared to wait forever and a day for it to heat up lol. it runs through those damn pellets like a wildfire to stay heated up also he said.

if i was gonna spend that much, i would spend a bit more and it would either be a big green egg or a Primos fo sho.

i can buy this one for $200.00 only been used twice imagejpeg_0[865].jpg

i can buy this one for $200.00 only been used twiceView attachment 2861772
You should buy it without hesitation!!! Love my pitboss and it works for anything from smoking brisket, grilling burgers, and anything else. I even cook desserts on it.

I have had no issues with it heating up slow, or burning through pellets crazy fast. People having those issues are the problem, not the grill itself.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Love mine BUT you must keep it clean and the pellets dry. The earliest temp controllers are a bit flaky and difficult to control on lower temps and there is a learning curve, but to me is worth the trouble. If it goes out, you must empty the fuel pot before relighting or face danger of a meltdown. Some new models allow this externally without removing food, grates, etc.
That being said, I am happy with mine!

Back
Top Bottom