• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Picture problem when relisting an ad

Grayback

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
113   0
Reaction score
Sometimes when an ad is relisted, the inline pictures do not make it through, and end up as links in the ad, forcing the user to delete them, then go back and upload them again, while clicking on the "Full size" icon for each picture.

Sometimes the pictures make it through just fine. Seems like a bug in the software. Especially since it only happens sometimes.

Any picture that you add to or edit in the original ad will always be added as an attachment in the relistings. The only way to avoid this is to mark your item sold at renewwal time and make a complete new ad including all pictures. Then they will show on the next relisting.

I know how to get around the problem. I am requesting that the problem be fixed. Sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't; apparently completely randomly as to when. The pictures I am talking about were included in the ad as full size pictures. Sometimes when relisting the ad, the ad remains exactly as it was originally posted. Sometimes when relisting, the full size pictures become attachments that must be clicked in order to be seen. That is a forum software problem, and not a result of later adding or editing the pictures in question.

It would be nice if someone would fix this issue, which is a real pain. Especially since we are now paying money to post ads here.

That is a forum software problem

It is a forum software issue, and seeing as none of us are developers for Xenforo, it's not an issue that can be fixed from our end. It may be addressed in the next software upgrade which should be coming later this year, but again, that's totally out of our control whether it is or not.

It's a non issue entirely if you simply direct link images using the IMG instead of attaching them.

Back
Top Bottom