• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Philly Cheese Steak

Hoagie is a nasty Chicago version of a sub. I was raised 20 min south of Philly, please don't insult the food like that
Hoagie is as Philly as it gets but it generally refers to a cold cut sandwich. Philly style chopped meat sandwiches are almost universally called cheesesteaks. Both use the same roll. A cheesesteak hoagie would be a cheesteak with meat placed over lettuce and tomatoes.

I grew up in Philly and delivered pizza/hoagies/cheesesteaks for several Italian/Greek mom-and-pop shops while in high school. Cooked plenty of pizzas, strombolis and cheesesteaks when I was bored between deliveries.

DinkyDau - that's solid work! :thumb:

Hoagie is as Philly as it gets but it generally refers to a cold cut sandwich. Philly style chopped meat sandwiches are almost universally called cheesesteaks. Both use the same roll. A cheesesteak hoagie would be a cheesteak with meat placed over lettuce and tomatoes.

I grew up in Philly and delivered pizza/hoagies/cheesesteaks for several Italian/Greek mom-and-pop shops while in high school. Cooked plenty of pizzas, strombolis and cheesesteaks when I was bored between deliveries.

DinkyDau - that's solid work! :thumb:
Hoagie is a Chicago "submarine", pathetic copy of a sub

Dinky, you always make me hungry and I just got finished with 2 wonderful tomato sandwiches. Trust me, I could easily eat a couple Philly Steak and Cheese of yours and whatever else you decide to cook for supper. ALL of your meals look GREAT.
Thank you.

You made a good version of a Philly, haogie conjurs up images of gas station "submarines" sealed in plastic wrappers
Apparently, you've never had an Italian hoagie from the White House (in Atlantic City).
As czub said a hoagie is the common name for a sub around Philly and South Jersey. Usually with lettuce, tomato, onions, and oil - no mayo, mustard, etc.
We don't really care what they do in Chicago. Except deep dish.

Apparently, you've never had an Italian hoagie from the White House (in Atlantic City).
As czub said a hoagie is the common name for a sub around Philly and South Jersey. Usually with lettuce, tomato, onions, and oil - no mayo, mustard, etc.
We don't really care what they do in Chicago. Except deep dish.
LOL, you're funny

Back
Top Bottom