• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Perhaps I expected too much....but I don't think so....

It's called being a tire kicker or time waster or similar. It feels different on here because you assume if they're communicating with you directly they must really be interested. Also add that there is some expectation of someone's word meaning something. They are interested, but only because it's a rush to just have the conversation with you about the potential deal.

They get their "fix" from the excitement during the negotiation phase with you. Then the reality of they can't afford the item or never really intended to buy it sets in and they move on to do it again elsewhere. It's the Craigslist crowd invasion all over again but the numbers are much larger. All you can do is shake your head and put them on block.

It's all about me, me, me, me! They don't give a crap about courtesy.

It is not who they are.

Me thinks it all started about the time that BurgerKing and McDonalds came out with their add campaigns...."have it YOUR way" and "YOU deserve a break today"....

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 or 9 years ago, 99.9% of the people on here were solid. This place has been polluted with lesser men. Still lots of fine people on here, now you just need to weed through the flakes.

I think it’s like that in general with the whole country. Younger people think they’re entitled now days and have the attitude of “you owe me.” Sucks really, but I doubt it will change. Just have to suck it up, forget about it, move on.

I've given so many more feedback than I've received, it's not even funny
^^^This^^^
Same here. I’ve never had a bad deal in the very few deals I’ve done, but, have done a few more than feedback has been left for me on. All have said” I’ll give you good feedback” and most have but some haven’t left any at all.
Since feedback is such a determining factor for most of us here you would think most would make it a priority. Go figure...
And like the OP said, PM’s back and forth then ...crickets

My opinion, which literally nobody asked for, is this...

With all the panic buying and stupid prices, we have attracted people who are either desperate to buy a gun and think that this is their only option... or, we have a ton of people just trying to cash in on the panic.

What this has done, is cause a massive influx of people who aren't here out of some sense of community, or camaraderie or just folks sharing a common passion... Rather it's an influx of Craigslister type folks that don't give a damn about any of that. The forum is a means to an end, nothing more. And as such, they have no concerns about pissing people off, or even trying to fit in and join the community...

Back
Top Bottom