• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Perhaps I expected too much....but I don't think so....

I sent someone some spare stuff for free, even paid the postage, not even a thanks......
giphy (18).gif

Scenario: I comment on another ODTers "FS" thread somewhat in jest, that I would trade something I had for their item. Another ODT member sends me a PM offering to buy the item from me (which I did not have posted "FS" or "FT")....I reply to his PM with what I have invested and would like to get if I were to sell it. This person then responds with what they say would be their "top price" they would give but would also like to know if I would include an accessory and maybe some ammo in the sale. At this point we are $50 apart and I offer to include the accessory and a bit of ammo with the deal AND also offer to meet the buyer close to where I perceive they are located (a three hour round-trip drive for me) if they would come up another $25 on the offer. This was met with silence....next day I PM'd again asking if they thought my offer was worth the extra $25....but came to the conclusion the person has "ghosted" me after no further response....This person has since been on the forum and I'm sure has read messages.

WTH??.... For someone that has been on ODT less than a year but has more than 15 Positive feedback and only 1 Negative review with "communication" and "nice guy" being his strong points, is it reasonable to have expected the common courtesy of a response to my message and offer...if not just to say "no thanks"....especially considering THEY initiated the contact and offer....?

8 or 9 years ago, 99.9% of the people on here were solid. This place has been polluted with lesser men. Still lots of fine people on here, now you just need to weed through the flakes.

8 or 9 years ago, 99.9% of the people on here were solid. This place has been polluted with lesser men. Still lots of fine people on here, now you just need to weed through the flakes.
Yes sir Weed through the flakes, and still some good folks here... and some of the good folks have been run off and more to come..

Back
Top Bottom