• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Perhaps I expected too much....but I don't think so....

JimmyJet

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
19   0
Reaction score
Scenario: I comment on another ODTers "FS" thread somewhat in jest, that I would trade something I had for their item. Another ODT member sends me a PM offering to buy the item from me (which I did not have posted "FS" or "FT")....I reply to his PM with what I have invested and would like to get if I were to sell it. This person then responds with what they say would be their "top price" they would give but would also like to know if I would include an accessory and maybe some ammo in the sale. At this point we are $50 apart and I offer to include the accessory and a bit of ammo with the deal AND also offer to meet the buyer close to where I perceive they are located (a three hour round-trip drive for me) if they would come up another $25 on the offer. This was met with silence....next day I PM'd again asking if they thought my offer was worth the extra $25....but came to the conclusion the person has "ghosted" me after no further response....This person has since been on the forum and I'm sure has read messages.

WTH??.... For someone that has been on ODT less than a year but has more than 15 Positive feedback and only 1 Negative review with "communication" and "nice guy" being his strong points, is it reasonable to have expected the common courtesy of a response to my message and offer...if not just to say "no thanks"....especially considering THEY initiated the contact and offer....?

The lack of reply *is* the message. Forget about it and move on. That said, you'll have more peace if you don't expect people to behave a certain way.

Yeah...I get that and I have...and I guess the “expectations” I have is based on how my generation was raised, taught and acted...today our society seems to be almost entirely void of common decency and consideration for their fellow humans...a sad commentary...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah...I get that and I have...and I guess the “expectations” I have is based on how my generation was raised, taught and acted...today our society seems to be almost entirely void of common decency and consideration for their fellow humans...a sad commentary...

Wish more were like you.

Back
Top Bottom