• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

People waiting all night to buy and scalp 2 boxes of 556

The "scalpers" provide a valuable service to the community. Not everyone has the time or willingness to go stand in a line for hours in the hope of buying ammunition.

I applaud their tenacity and effort to bring ammo to the market. I have no idea if Walmart, Academy, etc., is going to have anything at all on a particular day and time but I KNOW with absolute certainty that the "scalpers" will be at Smiley's Flea Market on Saturday and/or the local gunshows with tables full of ammunition to choose from. Might cost a bit more, but hey, you were sleeps when the panic hit. You got no one to blame but yourself.

THIS! The reason I would get a hooker instead of going to the local bar. :thumb:

Ugh. There's someone in my town that has been listing ammo since Nov. This person is obviously scooping up local supply and reselling it. I have a supply but I have kids and nephews getting into shooting now. I could easily burn through the 22LR I have in the next few months.

"...no one to blame..."
I absolutely blame the flippers. There is a long list of things that a person needs to prepare for. Investing thousands of dollars in ammo is not highest on that list for many people. I'm not asking for more regulation, what they're doing is already illegal. I'm not whining, I'm just saying they are to blame for making the problem worse and I personally think they're assholes.

I know exactly the Douche of Suwanee of whom you speak. We should have a special avatar for these people. A dolphin lego? A douche taco?? I’m open to ideas. Okuma Okuma make it happen!

I know exactly the Douche of Suwanee of whom you speak. Okuma Okuma make it happen!

:pound: That name could almost pass as royalty....almost

Steve Douchebag.jpg

I absolutely blame the flippers. ...I'm not asking for more regulation, what they're doing is already illegal. I'm not whining, I'm just saying they are to blame for making the problem worse and I personally think they're assholes.

Three observations.
1. It's not illegal to flip ammo. Not anymore than it is to flip a car or a house.
2. You are whining. It's okay; just don't say you aren't, when you are.
3. They do appear to be a-holes.

Three observations.
1. It's not illegal to flip ammo. Not anymore than it is to flip a car or a house.
2. You are whining. It's okay; just don't say you aren't, when you are.
3. They do appear to be a-holes.

1. You pay taxes when you flip a house. Flipping is different than just selling stuff like at a garage sale. Buying with the intent to resell for a profit is a business activity. I think it's safe to assume the flippers don't have a business license and are paying taxes on their cash profits. If flippers actually acted as a business, it would be less profitable and help diminish the problem.
2. Meh, ok whatever. I thought it was just responding to someone else's comment with my own perspective.
3. Nice that that we can agree on the important part.

Ugh. There's someone in my town that has been listing ammo since Nov. This person is obviously scooping up local supply and reselling it. I have a supply but I have kids and nephews getting into shooting now. I could easily burn through the 22LR I have in the next few months.

"...no one to blame..."
I absolutely blame the flippers. There is a long list of things that a person needs to prepare for. Investing thousands of dollars in ammo is not highest on that list for many people.....

So, STFU and git in line. They obviously had other priorities when the ammo was inexpensive.

I'm a moron for not buying all the gold I was offered at $280 per ounce in 1999. Oh well, if I want it now, I have to "pay dat man his monies."

What is keeping this thing going is the same ones, everyday lists ammo they got that morning.
Academy ought to start pulling fast ones on these assholes and start putting it out at different times of day:)

What is keeping this thing going is the same ones, everyday lists ammo they got that morning.
Academy ought to start pulling fast ones on these assholes and start putting it out at different times of day:)
What would that accomplish other than delaying the amount of time it takes to move inventory?

Some people do not understand business.

Back
Top Bottom