• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

People waiting all night to buy and scalp 2 boxes of 556

Realtor

Default rank 5000+ posts Sponsor
Buying or selling real estate? PM me for Discounts
375   0
Reaction score
AF29FEC3-D46E-481E-B9FD-7C744F7373F2.jpeg

I talked to an old business associate the other day. He told me he got in line at Academy at 7 to try to buy ammo. It was for himself, not to flip.

The "scalpers" provide a valuable service to the community. Not everyone has the time or willingness to go stand in a line for hours in the hope of buying ammunition.

I applaud their tenacity and effort to bring ammo to the market. I have no idea if Walmart, Academy, etc., is going to have anything at all on a particular day and time but I KNOW with absolute certainty that the "scalpers" will be at Smiley's Flea Market on Saturday and/or the local gunshows with tables full of ammunition to choose from. Might cost a bit more, but hey, you were sleeps when the panic hit. You got no one to blame but yourself.

Ugh. There's someone in my town that has been listing ammo since Nov. This person is obviously scooping up local supply and reselling it. I have a supply but I have kids and nephews getting into shooting now. I could easily burn through the 22LR I have in the next few months.

you were sleeps when the panic hit. You got no one to blame but yourself.

"...no one to blame..."
I absolutely blame the flippers. There is a long list of things that a person needs to prepare for. Investing thousands of dollars in ammo is not highest on that list for many people. I'm not asking for more regulation, what they're doing is already illegal. I'm not whining, I'm just saying they are to blame for making the problem worse and I personally think they're assholes.

Back
Top Bottom