• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PCC shooters, what are you using?

I run the KE ARMS SLT-1 trigger. There is no disconnect for the hammer to drive through, so you can't tear it up. Its been on my suppressed MPX forever. No issues.

Spend a few hundred extra bucks and get an mpx.
I have a factory gen 1 that has never failed.
I have about 1000 match rounds through it with 124 gr 130PF reloads.
About 1000 rounds plinking with no failures. It will fire from off hand or off the belt.
Not many blowback guns gonna do that

I don't know man. I have seen MPX's fail (three, gen 1 AND 2) Fail reliably. I am glad yours works, but look it up- they do NOT run dirty.

I had a full uspsa season on a QC10 9mm AR and just picked up the MPX as an offseason experiment in December.

Immediately fell in love.

I'm 5 matches (and 3 wins) in with it and have probably 2000 rounds through it so far.

The dot does. not. move.

Loves factory ammo.. (prefers it actually).

But they do get super dirty.

If it's in the budget... the MPX is absolutely worth a look for a competition gun... and makes for a super fun range toy.

Now to see if I can fall in love with an Eotech. Plan to hit the range Sunday for a practice session. First match with it coming up at the Riverbend uspsa next weekend.

5660AD9E-77A7-4E2D-A99A-B00BF7D4EEBC.jpeg

I had a full uspsa season on a QC10 9mm AR and just picked up the MPX as an offseason experiment in December.

Immediately fell in love.

I'm 5 matches (and 3 wins) in with it and have probably 2000 rounds through it so far.

The dot does. not. move.

Loves factory ammo.. (prefers it actually).

But they do get super dirty.

If it's in the budget... the MPX is absolutely worth a look for a competition gun... and makes for a super fun range toy.

Now to see if I can fall in love with an Eotech. Plan to hit the range Sunday for a practice session. First match with it coming up at the Riverbend uspsa next weekend.

View attachment 2009742
The MPX and the MP5 exemplify what a PCC should look like- to me. Interesting that you've had no issues.

I don't know man. I have seen MPX's fail (three, gen 1 AND 2) Fail reliably. I am glad yours works, but look it up- they do NOT run dirty.
Interesting. I have had both Gens and Gen 2 has been a sewing machine from day one, but its also been cut to 4" and suppressed since day 1 so I can't speak to the "Stock" reliability.

The MPX and the MP5 exemplify what a PCC should look like- to me. Interesting that you've had no issues.
Oh I had issues to start. Plenty. It didn't like any pistol loads that I had cooked up... with CleanShot or Sport pistol. Took it all the way up to 150 power factor and still would get an occasional FTE from a short stroke. Think it would prefer a much slower powder

The gun was pretty new then... perhaps it would fare better now with over 1500rds of factory ammo through it.

Looks good. I am running a Holosun 510c on my 16" and Primary Arms red dot on my pistol.

Btw - FM makes a low profile charging handle if you don't like the paratrooper style. I recently switched mine over and ditched the paratrooper style.

Edit: word of caution on drop in triggers like the CMC and others is that AR9s tend to beat the **** out of FCGs and the one piece kits tend to break after a period.

According to Paul they have ran a CMC in one of their demo rifles without any issues. So I am hopeful.

I’ve already emailed him about the other charging handle options. They will be in the mail soon.:thumb:

I'll send you a updated one to try for a while and if it's faster (it will be), I'll cut you a stupid deal on it and if not you can send it back to me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Thought I'd offer an update:

Still digging the Eotech. It's certainly not hurting my match performance. In fact, I've crept up from 80-85% of the local GM PCC'ers to consistently 90%.

Can't attribute that entirely to the Eotech, as the swap from the blowback PCC to the MPX happened in the same timeframe.

Sadly, I did have the original battery finally give out on the first stage of a USPSA match Sunday. So just shy of 5mo of usage.

I did not notice the "reticle blinking" as described in the manual. Bummer.

Still got good hits without the reticle, just "ghost ringing" it for that stage.

Thought I'd offer an update:

Still digging the Eotech. It's certainly not hurting my match performance. In fact, I've crept up from 80-85% of the local GM PCC'ers to consistently 90%.

Can't attribute that entirely to the Eotech, as the swap from the blowback PCC to the MPX happened in the same timeframe.

Sadly, I did have the original battery finally give out on the first stage of a USPSA match Sunday. So just shy of 5mo of usage.

I did not notice the "reticle blinking" as described in the manual. Bummer.

Still got good hits without the reticle, just "ghost ringing" it for that stage.
Reticle will only blink for the first couple of seconds after you turn it on each time. Perhaps you usually turn it on without looking at it immediately?
MPX and EOTech is one of my favorite combos that I own as well. I could only imagine what a full length one with a brake would be like.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom