• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PCC shooters, what are you using?

Parker

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
26   0
Reaction score
What is your PCC of choice?

I’m looking to go down that rabbit hole and was wondering what the ODT shooters have had good luck with in the sub $1k range?

I’ve been looking at the Foxtrot Mike FM9 and the CMMG guard carbines.

Or do I just need to keep saving, and get a JP.

I like my JR (Just Right) Carbine so much that I had Dobb's Defense build in an integral suppressor. The thing is movie quiet with subs. You can get them for around $600.
https://justrightcarbines.com/

I also have one of the new Ruger PCC rifles. This is an outstanding deal on a high quality weapon that will take any double stack Glock magazine. Accurate and reliable. Around $500.
https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

I have a JR Carbine that I love, it takes Glock mags and suppresses very good.

I have a Sub2K that is good to throw in a backpack etc. and it has been reliable but it's not as comfortable to shoot.
I'm surprised the JRs are not more popular. I've never talked to anyone that owns them that doesn't love them.

I build a spikes dedicated glock lower with their buffer and added a pof fcg and an ambitious safety. Mated it to locally prebuilt upper and using a faxxon 2 bcg.

Built the same lower with a $250 complete upper from PSA that runs just as good.

Built a EDC lower shooting the same PSA upper and its smooth too.

My next upper build will have the fox charging handle on the left at the barrel

IMG_0515.JPG

Spend a few hundred extra bucks and get an mpx.
I have a factory gen 1 that has never failed.
I have about 1000 match rounds through it with 124 gr 130PF reloads.
About 1000 rounds plinking with no failures. It will fire from off hand or off the belt.
Not many blowback guns gonna do that

I built one using a New Frontier armory lower and side charging upper. . It has an 8.3" Ballistic Advantage, Seekins 12" handguard, magpul stock/grip, Hyperfire 24C trigger It has last round bolt hold open which was the big draw for me a couple of years ago when it was more rare. Make sure you get that and that you can use Glock mags if you don't get an MPX. I have more than 2k rounds through mine and i don't think I've ever had a malfunction. If I didn't already have this one, I'd probably buy a Sig MPX and SBR it. My short barrel and handguard are super handy around barriers indoors.

CMMG Banshee/guard, the radial delayed blowback is supposed to be kick ass for suppressing and pretty smooth. I have a cz Scorpion that I have put a lot of money in, and was thinking about doing the micro K conversion, but decided I could get the banshee barrel/BCG for not much more and build a radial delayed upper to swap on one of my lowers and use the endomag.

The scorpion is awesome, but the recoil impulse is a bit harsh with that heavy bolt, and has a bit of port pop suppressed.

Back
Top Bottom