• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PCC (pistol caliber carbine) and the right size??

Out of the PCC’s I’ve owned, my old CZ Scorpion was probably the best all around. It was very accurate & reliable, relatively lightweight, and very customizable to suit different needs. My only gripe, which was big for me, was the trigger. It was decent enough after upgrades though.

My Foxtrot Mike AR-9 build was the softest shooting and lightest. It has the advantage of having the massive AR aftermarket to support it. But it wasn’t anything special.

My NAK-9 had the best out-of-the-box trigger and was also very reliable. Truthfully, I probably would’ve grabbed an AK-V had those but the market before I bought this. It was the softest shooting by far, almost certainly due to the weight and the JMac brake.

My current Stribog (A1 Gen 2) seems to be quite solid, but I have very limited range time with it. However, the newer roller-delayed variants seem to be having teething issues.

Will have to jump on a B&T one of these days to see what the fuss is about. They appear to be excellent well liked firearms. Same with the MP5 clones which should be soft shooters as my 5.56 rollers have been.

ECC96944-CC5B-4372-865B-DB345D1C1A15.jpeg
C7FE853B-778B-42B7-9C0A-C1BF8B2CBFBE.jpeg
E54879A8-9C80-4E44-9633-234911AA3012.jpeg
3656D929-A127-49DF-9703-C6E4F0DB4C72.jpeg

Out of the PCC’s I’ve owned, my old CZ Scorpion was probably the best all around. It was very accurate & reliable, relatively lightweight, and very customizable to suit different needs. My only gripe, which was big for me, was the trigger. It was decent even after upgrades upgrades though.

My Foxtrot Mike AR-9 build was the softest shooting and lightest. It has the advantage of having the massive AR aftermarket to support it. But it wasn’t anything special.

My NAK-9 had the best out-of-the-box trigger and was also very reliable. Truthfully, I probably would’ve grabbed an AK-V had those but the market before I bought this. It was the softest shooting by far, almost certainly due to the weight and the JMac brake.

My current Stribog (A1 Gen 2) seems to be quite solid, but I have very limited range time with it. However, the newer roller-delayed variants seem to be having teething issues.

Will have to jump on a B&T one of these days to see what the fuss is about. They appear to be excellent well liked firearms. Same with the MP5 clones which should be soft shooters as my 5.56 rollers have been.

View attachment 3030691 View attachment 3030692 View attachment 3030694 View attachment 3030695
Very nice examples

I've been running a Scorpion EVO as my PCC. I also have an AR9 I just picked up in trade. Same length as the Scorpion folded. I wish it had a collapsible stock/brace. The Scorpion is just so accurate and consistent and great ergonomics I keep going back to it. I still have the OG, a Kel-Tec sub 2k. Dead nuts accurate at 50yrds with the cheap plastic iron sights. It's a folder obviously but given the extra mag capcity and I can dump a whole mag in a 5" circle at 50 yards I should rotate it back in. I know I can't put 17 rounds in a grapefruit with any of my handguns at 50 yards.

They are underpowered/ compared to the 5.56 and 7.62 but for concealability and accuracy and lack of recoil I believe I could be just as effective with the PCC. Plus they're really fun and way cheaper to shoot.

Got a Scorpion, Tavor and AR9. I always go back to the AR9 because of mag compatibility with my G19, it simplifies logistics when I go to the range and practice rifle/pistol drills.

Nothing worse than getting to the range and forgetting you left your mags on top of the safe. I always have Glock mags in my range bag, so I always grab the AR9.

Is there such a thing and I guess everyone has different preferences. I have been trying to figure out if smaller is better. At some point isn’t it best to just use a Glock?? I want concealability, light weight, big magazine capacity and comfortable ergonomics. Here are two I have and shooting both is a blast. The PSA AKV that has shocked me with its quality and a Sig copperhead. No question the Sig is well built and is tiny. The AKV could just as well be 7.62x39 or 5.56 based on its size. What do you look for in a PCC?
View attachment 3029182 View attachment 3029183

Copperhead is bad ass. And a great shooter.

I hate being the dummy to ask but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, What the hell IS That?:):)

It looks like a Sten unless I’m wrong.

Sterling 9mm carbine made by Wiselite. Fully semi-automatic...

The Sterling was the replacement for the Sten.

Now if you want really, REALLY old school...

IMG_0518.JPG

M31 Suomi in what looks like its native habitat of snow.

Back
Top Bottom