• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PayPal users!!! Read this.

Looks like you have until the end of 2021 under the old rules... If you are cleaning out your attic this would be a good time to do it without getting taxed on it.

A question....
If you purchase say a lawnmower for $1,000, and then after using it a couple time you decide to sale it online for $800, will you have to pay taxes if someone pays you by Paypal or other online payment??? I mean you lost $200 in the transaction. In my opinion you should get tax credit for $200!!!

A question....
If you purchase say a lawnmower for $1,000, and then after using it a couple time you decide to sale it online for $800, will you have to pay taxes if someone pays you by Paypal or other online payment??? I mean you lost $200 in the transaction. In my opinion you should get tax credit for $200!!!
I am talking completely blind here, but I would ASSUME that if you sell it via a merchant such as eBay or Mercari, etc. you would be taxed. Just “sending” funds via friends and family wouldn’t count…I don’t think. I send money via PayPal friends and family almost daily. That doesn’t mean the transaction was necessarily a taxable sales transaction. Just my two cents, ain’t worth much

I am talking completely blind here, but I would ASSUME that if you sell it via a merchant such as eBay or Mercari, etc. you would be taxed. Just “sending” funds via friends and family wouldn’t count…I don’t think. I send money via PayPal friends and family almost daily. That doesn’t mean the transaction was necessarily a taxable sales transaction. Just my two cents, ain’t worth much

What if you sold the lawnmower on ebay???...lol. Joking aside, I did buy one off ebay once-a-upon-a-time....seriously.

I'm sure they will want to tax the recipient on that income!

Back
Top Bottom