• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pay for the transfer, BOS do nothing

I will not respond to an ad that requires a bill of sale. My private info is not going to a stranger on the internet. I simply don’t need “your” gun. Please add me to your list of people not to do business with.

Only bill of sale I ever signed was my error because I missed the BOS requirement in the ad. I showed up and signed it when he presented it, but refused to put my personal info on his paper. Transaction went forward anyway.

same buttergolems that whine about liberals want a BOS with everything. Why do you even own guns when you are already giving into what the liberals want? If you want a REAL record that a gun has left your possesion and gone into the possion of a person able to own a gun, Take it to a gunstore, pay the $30 closet liberal fee, and whoosh you are now free and clear for the make believe gun confiscation carried out by the UN
I walked away from a deal 2 days ago because the guy wanted my address, license number, phone number, just to buy/trade for his sks. Said told him I wasn't comfortable with that, he tried to convince me to go to the gun store for a 4473. It wasn't worth it for an sks. Maybe if it was a 4k rifle, alright no big deal but not on an over priced pos sks. It seemed shady from his part. Oh and he wanted me to pay for the 4473 and he didn't care I have my ccw. Maybe these people will fade away when things get back to normal.

I walked away from a deal 2 days ago because the guy wanted my address, license number, phone number, just to buy/trade for his sks. Said told him I wasn't comfortable with that, he tried to convince me to go to the gun store for a 4473. It wasn't worth it for an sks. Maybe if it was a 4k rifle, alright no big deal but not on an over priced pos sks. It seemed shady from his part. Oh and he wanted me to pay for the 4473 and he didn't care I have my ccw. Maybe these people will fade away when things get back to normal.
Yeah, I had one were I was firm on the seller paying the transfer cost. I don't mind a 4473 but I ain't paying for it. He agreed but basically figured it into his selling price (high) so we didn't come to an agreement though.

There's been a lot of sellers that have requirements I don't like that I message them something like "you can deal with me (I'm awesome) or wait for someone willing to sign your paper". The vast majority quickly fold on the requirements. It's nice that 10+ yrs with ODT and good feedback carries some clout.

I kind of understand the BS requirements, really. People are used to dealing with Facebook Market or Craigslist which are just awful. Buyers that surface on those platforms are often terrible and/or sketchy so I understand putting up some walls. ODT is a much better vehicle for transactions. When I state my case as a non-douchebag to a seller here, it moves forward pretty smooth usually. I will admit that I do often just skip past ads that have those BOS requirements though.

Actually, if you intend to drive the car on public roads you have to have a BoS don't you? There's no way I know of to get a registration w/o one. And of course you have to pay tax on the car, although the price on the BoS isn't really used for that any more.

No, you do not have to have a bill of sale to register a vehicle, unless it is old enough not to require a title. You need the title filled out on the back by the seller and buyer.

I have never had to have a bill of sale and have owned 50 plus vehicles in the State of GA.

Just my opinion but in my trades here if I’ve asked for a Bos and get attitude there’s a reason. Guys who refuse to do one may have a fundamental problem with it or may just not be able to purchase a gun. There is a certain level here especially now of people who are buying who can’t legally own. If I ask for a dl, carry, and bos and my price is less than retail most guys wouldn’t have an issue and several times I’ve said don’t worry about it. The guys who freak out at the mention of it I’d rather not do business with anyway

Nice to know you thought police people for pre-crime

How about the guys that ask for bos with address, I have kids, I'm trading a firearm, I'm not doing it at my house and I don't want some weirdo showing up to my house randomly. Or casing my house for whatever reason. There's other ways of looking at it rather than we are shady for not wanting to do a bos. If I show you my ccw and that's not enough then there's a reason you want my address, you might be a perv and want to hide in my bushes after dark.

Well damn, that works both ways. If you cannot respect someone's opinion, don't expect them to respect yours. If you want to put me on your ignore list, no skin off my nose. Just let me know so I can return the favor.
Big boys don't "ignore". That option is for the easily offended.

I agree...but there are staidly rigid purists who just have to spout off and then mouth off at anyone that wants a BOS with THEIR reasoning. Don't matter...I've already made note of them that I'll never sell or trade with them.

Add me to your list.

So being a “purist” is now bad..... that’s all that needs be known about you sir.

Anyone that wants a BOS can choke on it. I don’t give a rats a** what anybody thinks. I don’t go beyond what the LAW calls for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom