• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pawpaw - Where can I find them?

Back in Indiana we called them the Indiana banana. They're best when fully ripe, like black and near rotten is when they're sweetest. To me it's sort of like a banana custard with a hint of pear.

Back in Indiana we called them the Indiana banana. They're best when fully ripe, like black and near rotten is when they're sweetest. To me it's sort of like a banana custard with a hint of pear.

Your dead on with your description of the flavor I like them my property is full of them I have to beat the hogs to get any.

Now I will be searching the country side next season trying to find one. I love fruit so this is going to be something to try.

Someone above mentioned maypops. I have those growing wild every where around here.
My father and one of my uncles made wine out of maypops when I was a kid. I remember they cooked a pig and invited a bunch of people to join in. At some point the maypop wine was brought out. I don't remember all the details but I heard my mother talking about how drunk the men were and my dad had diarrhea for a few days after.

Back
Top Bottom