• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Parts kit magic

rumrunner55

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
106   0
Reaction score
I have always from my first introduction to combloc weapons wanted a SG43. I thought I’d never get one as I could never either get ahold of a reliable/trustworthy person to build one or everything was dried up and unavailable. When the opportunity to grab a parts kit came up I decided to grab one and just sit on it. I came across one of ODTs own Hood886 Hood886 and man all I can say is he is an absolute wizard of a builder! Excellent work bringing a pile of scraps back from the dead and seeing all of his other work sealed the deal he is the man to go to! So thanks again for such an amazing piece of craftsmanship and making it a reality

811DA66D-70BE-443E-A46B-34B103C4CA1C.png

39FDD917-03D8-4920-B132-64CD47A8FF9C.jpeg

0487478D-E432-41A1-B18B-C61C7DE50AB8.jpeg

Appreciate the kind words.
Some pics and a video

That was the cleanest cut kit I think I have ever seen. Almost saw cut quality.
Heres the actual gaps between the cuts. They did a good job cutting these. I think it's mostly due to how thick the receiver is. Lot of metal to absorb the heat vs just blowing right through and taking a bunch of metal with it.
signal-2021-07-25-083659.jpg

Building a AK-47 ain't you dad's Korean AR15. A lot of experience and specialty tools are involved. Now I don't have a clue how to manage that. I could be taught pretty quick. God blessed me with mechanical ability and I put it to use. Those boys that build AK's are on a different plane than the old home built jobs we have and show off. I would love to be shown the ropes on those but those guys are so few and far between I fear I will never get the chance to learn that trade.

The video I saw the guy bent his own sheet metal and to using a press not insert the rivets. That old boy had it going on. Props to that guy!

Back
Top Bottom