• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PART TIME WORK (SUWANEE) - Outdoor Labor

95gAtl

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
115   0
Reaction score
I have an erosion and drainage business based out of Suwanee.

My helper i've had for years is going in for knee replacements sometimes soon, so i'm looking for someone RELIABLE and the ABILITY to do physical labor. Don't think he is coming back to work after his surgery - his wife lined up an easy job for him after he recovers...

I'm very thorough with what i'm looking for. Strong, reliable, honest, are top priority.

Here are some requirements / idea of what the job is about.

It is strictly part time as needed. Typical working hours are 9am-3pm (i'm a single dad and have a boy in school). Sometimes 1-2 day a week, sometimes 3 days a week. I'm very flexible, say if you work for the PD or fire dept, likely I can work around your days off during the week.
I don't work weekends due to my family obligation.
During the summer, I get busier and could possibly even work 3-4-5 days a week and do something from like 3pm-8pm so after you get off work. However, for fall, winter, spring, it's pretty much 9am-3pm.

What is absolutely essential:

Reliable reliable reliable. That is absolutely required. If you party on weekends and can't get up for work, OR, your wife tells you to do your chores before you can work, this isn't for you.
We physically work. If you aren't in pretty good shape, this won't work for you. and pretty good shape meaning you can spend a few hours digging a trench on occasion, without stopping every few mins to rest. There is shoveling dirt, pushing wheelbarrows, laying pipes, covering up pipes. Nothing super heavy to lift, but you have to have a strong back and arms, as well as stamina to keep going. As other folks in my field tell me, it's a young mans game!

Typically if there is going to be decent rain that day, we don't work. Don't want to risk injury or tearing up someone's yard. But we work when it is 25 degrees and 95 degrees, and everything in between....

Local to Suwanee area (meaning no more than 30 mins away from here. I can't have excuses of traffic, of it's too far, etc).

Here's the good news: The pay is outstanding and will be discussed FTF or on the phone. It will be 1099 (independent contractor) and an hourly rate with monthly bonus if you don't call in sick, leave early, etc. You are paid weekly.

I think that's it for now.....

Please PM your name, what part of town you live in, current work schedule, and any other relevant info you think sets you apart from someone else.

Erosion and Drainage business. Nice. I had hired someone to put in a huge drain last year. Would be nice to see some of your work

Thanks. All my business is referrals. I don't advertise at all, nor have a website.
The only pics I have are in my phone, which I show my customers and prospects before I start their jobs.

Back
Top Bottom