• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Parents Offended they are Supposed to Make Children Behave

It’s not like there aren’t any restaurants who advertise their business to families and children. McDonald’s has playland, chuck-e-cheese, etc. I know this story is out of UK, but I happen to know they are similar things over there.

Just another example of the dumbing down of society and the lack of respect for the common decency.

This reminds me of a social worker who was dead set to make sure that their child never heard the word NO. She believed that it was better to redirect the child, than to correct her little bundle of joy.

Back in the old days when you went out to eat they used to ask "Smoking or non- smoking?' and I would always respond "Non-crying baby section please". If you insist on taking children into a restaurant they should at least be well behaved and if not that's what Mcdonalds and Chucky Cheese is for.

I'm going to put that on my front door. My kids are older and do what brothers do to each other and I let it go till I'm tired of hearing it, but this is at home. I have quite a few neeses and nephews that are very loud and squeal. Drives me up a wall. I don't remember mine ever being like that but I'm sure as a parent you don't hear all of it because you learn to tune it out. But I know I don't want to hear it any more. I have Tinnitus which is a constant ringing in your ears and high pitch noises drive me up a wall. I hate eating next to someone that won't do anything about their kids in a restaurant. I know kids get antsy but plan accordingly.

Literally what parents are for....you’re mad about parenting?
Exactly! My daughter turned 2 last week and I try to keep her from bothering other people in those situations. Yeah, she is going to act like a 2yo, but I do what I can. If I can't calm her down I'll take her outside. I spoke with a woman who blew out her knee at her Church when a little kid ran around a corner and hit her leg full speed.
Back in the old days when you went out to eat they used to ask "Smoking or non- smoking?' and I would always respond "Non-crying baby section please". If you insist on taking children into a restaurant they should at least be well behaved and it not that's what Mcdonalds and Chucky Cheese is for.
Yeah, and the smoke just magically didn't circulate to the non-smoking sections. Off topic Used to go to auctions with my Dad when I was younger and I would have to go outside to get breaks from the smoke.

Back in the old days when you went out to eat they used to ask "Smoking or non- smoking?' and I would always respond "Non-crying baby section please". If you insist on taking children into a restaurant they should at least be well behaved and it not that's what Mcdonalds and Chucky Cheese is for.

When I flew commercial, I always insisted on a seat in the smoking section. I have never been a smoker, but it guaranteed no kids or crying babies.

Sorry to see smoking banned on flights, now nowhere to sit and enjoy relative quiet.

Back
Top Bottom