• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Palmetto Build - Gawk Away

jwhited

Default rank 5000+ posts
Smelly Pirate Hooker
169   0
Reaction score
Hi all, I just wanted to show off the latest piece of kit. I'm sure most of you know that PSA recently had a series of killer sales. I took advantage of that as much as I possibly could. Suffice it to say, this outfit was considerably less expensive than it would appear to be.

From Classic Firearms:
Anderson AR-15 Stripped Lower Receiver

From PSA:
Blemished PSA Premium 16'' 5.56mm 1:7 Carbine Length M4 Profile - Without BCG or CH
Palmetto State Armory 5.56 Full Auto Nickel Boron BCG with Charging Handle
Palmetto State Armory Magpul MOE Lower Build Kit - Black
Magpul MBUS Back-Up Sight GEN 2 - Rear - Black MAG248-BLK

From ODT members:
Vortex SPARC Red Dot
Knights Armament Carbine RAS

I traded the Magpul MOE stock and grip and replaced them with a CTR stock and MOE+ grip, both bought at Fourth Armory.

The only thing I'm not diggin' is that I've got basically a fully-built PSA rifle on an Andersen lower. It's not a big deal, and I'm sure that the function won't be compromised at all. It's more of an OCD thing than anything else. On that note, if anyone has a franken-AR with a PSA lower that they wanna swap, hit me up.

Here's what you came to see:

IMAG0049.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a blemish I see on the upper? Also, why doesn't that lower match the rest of the rifle? When did PSA start putting ghey ponies on their lowers? gawk, gawk

Nice rifle. :)

Is that a blemish I see on the upper? Also, why doesn't that lower match the rest of the rifle? When did PSA start putting ghey ponies on their lowers? gawk, gawk

Nice rifle. :)
I've heard tales of the so-called "blemished" PSA gear.. Maybe I was searching hard for it, but it looked like maybe it had some uneven anodizing below the dust cover.. That's about all I could point out.

looks great! How are you liking the sparc?
Haven't shot it yet, but looking at it side-by-side with an Aimpoint T-1, it makes a very impressive showing. The only real discernible difference between the two is that the SPARC kind of faintly bleeds red light around the edges, while the Aimpoint doesn't.

Haven't shot it yet, but looking at it side-by-side with an Aimpoint T-1, it makes a very impressive showing. The only real discernible difference between the two is that the SPARC kind of faintly bleeds red light around the edges, while the Aimpoint doesn't.

Yeah...I was very impressed with it too. we'll need a range report on the build!

Back
Top Bottom