• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Painting a bath tub

Atlanta777

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
172   0
Reaction score
The home I purchased had an old 60s style bathroom in it with teal colored tiles and bathtub. It was repainted white and grey before it was sold to me. They did not do a very good job on the bathtub as I have cause a couple areas to chip from cleaning with a plastic scrubber.

I am trying to get advice on a good enamel paint product to use for repairing these spots that have exposed the original tub surface.

I would not use rattle can enamel. But that's just me. Rust-Oleum makes a reglazing kit. I used it in two different houses that I flipped a few years ago. Google it. You can also have it reglazed by a pro. That would probably run around $350-$450. Might be slow for contractors right now, too.

I have paid someone for 3 rental properties. It isn't expensive and I think it's not really a DIY project. Sometimes economy costs. Hire a pro. I'll be glad to send you my guy's info. He will tell you exactly what it will cost over the phone with pictures.

I have paid someone for 3 rental properties. It isn't expensive and I think it's not really a DIY project. Sometimes economy costs. Hire a pro. I'll be glad to send you my guy's info. He will tell you exactly what it will cost over the phone with pictures.

Please pm the information. Thank you.

I would not use rattle can enamel. But that's just me. Rust-Oleum makes a reglazing kit. I used it in two different houses that I flipped a few years ago. Google it. You can also have it reglazed by a pro. That would probably run around $350-$450. Might be slow for contractors right now, too.
Cant imagine spending that much to fix a 4"x2" area on a tub. I will check for the re-glazing kit. Thanks

Just trying to patch the spot that flaked off, not re-do the whole tub.

Back
Top Bottom