Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - Moved to Jan 22, 2022 - Click here for tickets and click here for info!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  3. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

Pain in the ***

Thread in 'The Men's Health Forum' started by jamie1475, Mar 12, 2021.

1. jamie1475

jamie1475 Frontiersman

Rating
    100%
    wow!

2. GlockIssue

GlockIssue The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I gotcha. I enjoy beer, as well. I am a pretty big IPA fan, which I guess is the trendy thing lately. But that bitter hops is just so addicting. If I drink a beer without it, I'm disappointed. I need an after taste with that bitter bite (queue the sexual innuendo jokes). But yea, I would recommend cutting that down to the standard "moderation" amount. 2 per day. But anyway, I'll shut up about it now haha.

3. GAK9

GAK9 Frontiersman

Rating
    100%
    I’m the exact opposite. Cannot stand the bitter bite. When I was in Germany, I used to drink their dark beers like a fish. Now, I can’t stand them. Barely like Belgian Wheats.

GlockIssue and Barnes.sr45 like this.
  4. WallsGa

WallsGa ODT Junkie!

Rating
    100%
    my wife works for a colo-rectal surgeon. i get to hear all kinds of horror stories. apparently the surgery recovery is quite painful but depends on how bad the 'roids are. i've had them periodically but they thankfully went away quickly. she pointed out that I went from being a pain in the ass to having a pain in the ass.

try lifestyle changes first: change your diet, cut out processed foods and cut back on red meat/carbs. more fruits and veggies. exercise more. drink LOTS of water, like a gallon a day. take fiber 2-3 times daily. take a stool softener. time yourself. no more than 4 minutes on the crapper at at time. get a bidet. don't use 'flushable' wipes. if you can get a standing desk at work try that, too.

GlockIssue and Barnes.sr45 like this.
  5. bensskateshop

bensskateshop The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Pph surgery, it's a ***** but worth it. about a week of hell then all good.

6. Robogunner

Robogunner Frontiersman Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Try some witch hazel and a heating pad. Coconut oil and CBD balm also help. I was a big weight lifter in my youth (straining the core can cause them). Anyway, I use that stuff and I’m 100%.

jamie1475 likes this.
  7. Horsehat

Horsehat Doulus tou Theou Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I can’t speak to this personally but my father in law had the surgery 25 years or so ago and hasn’t mentioned a problem since. Consult a physician. As entertaining as people’s health, legal, marital, sex, auto mechanical problems are and despite the fact that there are literally thousands of unpaid experts on any subject available on this forum, you should still consult a doctor. Lifestyle and especially blood pressure control may well be able to resolve this without surgery. I haven’t had a hemorrhoid in years but still remember the discomfort. Hope you get some help.

jamie1475 likes this.
  8. 1006

1006 ODT Junkie!

Rating
    100%
    Fiber + More Fiber... Triscuts and MetaMucil before bed, make the mornings more pleasant.

And talk to a doctor.

9. sniper22

sniper22 Aspiring Christian Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    My BFAM had his done 20 years ago and needs it again now. Like me, he don't know how to step back and let the young guys do the heavy stuff. He is pretty sure he fought satan himself two days later when he thought he was all healed up and eat regular food, like when he was 16. He might have said something to the effect of having satans flaming pitchfork jammed in the bullseye..