• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Overpriced firearms!

You can, but we both know that GGS isn't the only dealer up here selling below MSRP.

Do you pay MSRP on your new cars?

I don't buy new cars just like I generally don't buy new guns. No GGS isn't the only one up here selling below MSRP, but not everyone lives up here. Sadly a bunch of people buy guns at places like Academy, Bass Pro, Cabelas, etc. They sell at MSRP, There are more gun stores in Dawsonville that sell at MSRP than don't.

GGS, Dawsonville Gun, DGP, Freedom Mill are the exception, not the rule.

Head on over to Rome and the only store that doesn't sell at MSRP has nothing on the shelves.

I mean... my truck's MSRP was $59k. I didn't actually PAY that. Nobody does unless they are an idiot. I paid $45k for it... How is a gun different than a car? It's a commodity. The Glock at one store is the exact same as the one at another, or the one in your safe. Yours isn't worth $800 while the new one at the store is $529... Now, if you want to pay $800 for one, nobody is stopping you...

So you are saying that Academy, Bass Pro, and Cabelas don't actually sell guns? :pound:

They sell them. To the uneducated.

Is that a label you want to hang your hat on? ;-)

I mean that in general, I know that you and I shop at the same places, for the same reasons... haha

I shop at those places because they have the best prices in the area I lived in. If they all went out of business tomorrow and the nearest store that had their prices was an hour away, I would pay MSRP at the store right down the street from my house. I am not making a two hour round trip to save 200 dollars on a gun.

oh, and I paid MSRP for a gun at the store just down the street a couple of weeks ago. I could have saved several hundred dollars and ordered my Gau5-a/a from gunbroker, but I would have had to wait for it, and deal with shipping. It was worth the 300 bucks to just walk in, fill out the 4473, hand him almost 3 grand and take my new gun home.

Uneducated? Naw, just feel my time is worth more than that.

oh, and I paid MSRP for a gun at the store just down the street a couple of weeks ago. I could have saved several hundred dollars and ordered my Gau5-a/a from gunbroker, but I would have had to wait for it, and deal with shipping. It was worth the 300 bucks to just walk in, fill out the 4473, hand him almost 3 grand and take my new gun home.

Uneducated? Naw, just feel my time is worth more than that.

For the umpteenth time, nobody here in any thread that I have ever seen since joining ODT, has said that a person should not be allowed to do so, or spend whatever they wanted on something...

If they buy their guns there, when there are cheaper options available... If the shoe fits...

Ignorance isn't the same as stupid. Ignorance can be cured with education. Stupid is permanent.

If my wife were to go buy a new car today she would pay MSRP. Not because she doesn't know they will come down on the price, but because she doesn't like the hassle of the haggle. To her it is worth the extra money to just walk in and walk out with what she wants. Now I am the complete opposite. When i buy a car it takes weeks. I like the haggle. I am guessing most people fall somewhere in the middle.

and my wife isn't allowed to buy cars anymore.

For the umpteenth time, nobody here in any thread that I have ever seen since joining ODT, has said that a person should not be allowed to do so, or spend whatever they wanted on something...

nope, you said that people were selling guns at huge mark ups over MSRP which I proved is not the case. You are using gun stores selling stuff below MAP as your basis for pricing, when I showed that 99.9$ of the stores are selling at MSRP or above. Look at some of those links I posted. The 19X one is especially interesting.

Back
Top Bottom