Which date is best?

• July 17th

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • July 24th

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one of y'all has a real good carp bait ?

Along time ago I use to fish a lot of carp tournaments. My favorite bait to catch large carp: buy a few pounds of millet seed (bird feed), mix in several packs of strawberry jello powder (not pre-sweetened). Pour in enough light corn syrup to moisten the mixture. Seed mixture should be moist enough to form a ball and hold its shape when squeezed. Take a good supply of snelled hooks and form a ball of the seed mix around the hook to completely hide the hook. Size should be no larger than about quarter size in diameter. Make as many as you think you will need for the trip ahead of time and give the seed balls/hooks time to dry and harden so seed mixture will stay on the hook. Mixture should be pretty hard when dried. Fish on the bottom with little or no weight. Let the carp mouth the bait for a while and move off with the bait and then set the hook gently. Carp, even the 20+ lb ones, have relatively small mouths so keep the bait small. Good luck, a lot of money can be won in those tournaments, and those big carp will test you tackle.

Question, brand new to fishing (just went first time the other day, and loved it), would I be able to borrow a pole from someone if I were able to go? And I may have missed it, but where would we be going out of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom